Mandaric International 2001 853 Older Racing Bike

[Dec 05, 2010]
MFrame

OVERALL

Another odd, out-of-the-ordinary, Road Frame, in the bike market.
That begin with "M."

[Jan 27, 2003]
kingsnake

OVERALL
Strength:

Very well balanced feel. Not sluggish steering in the least but was very confidence inspiring. Beautiful, light, snappy feel. The fork was the lightest steel fork I'd ever been on (under 1 lb) but was plenty rigid lateraly. Frame weighed in at 3.35 lbs. Tig welds were perfect. Gorgeous paint work- He is one of the few builders I know who builds and paints everything himself. Ton's of experience- He's been building for about 25 years. This is the bike that everything else I try gets compared to.

Ves is very opinionated and likes to talk about bikes. Don't get him started unless you are prepared for a long conversation. The bike has no weaknesses whatsoever. Doesn't sprint as well as some sprint specific bikes I've ridden in the past but I'm a climber and this bike was built specifically for my stregnths. I've ridden Ves' crit bikes and they sprint like mario cipollini was attached!

I've been in the bike industry nearly 20 years and met Ves Mandaric At Interbike several years ago. I was extremely impressed with his overall knowledge as a builder. Several weeks later I had the opportunity to ride a Genius tubed bike with bottom end campy on it. Within a mile or so I knew this was the best riding frame I've ever been on regardless of material. And I've ridden just about everything! I imeadiately ordered a frameset from him with a true temper velo kit tubeset and genius fork. To top it off he did his trademark "tape job" paint job using cinnamon pearl and cherry pearl. Very striking look.