Marinoni USA 2001 Leggero Older Racing Bike

[Oct 09, 2005]
roadrunner

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality build and paint job. The bike offers a perfect blend of speed, confort, stable handling. Very good at climbing and sprinting too. Its great to be able to pick your components, paint job, and get a custom fit. The customer service at the marinoni factory was outstanding. I'm also very pleased with the campagnolo veloce grouppo.

I have put 3000km on this bike so far and I have not found any weaknesses.

First thing I did was set a spending limit, then started searching. Knew exactlly what I wanted. It had to be a quality steel frame with campagnolo components. There are many bikes in this price range, most are made in taiwan and have some low quality parts(giant,specialized ) like brakes and wheels. With the Leggero I got the confort, speed, durability, and quality I was looking for. Let's not forget the great smoothness and road feel only a steel bike can give. My average ride is 60 to 100 km and I feel very good on the bike. Got the bike up to 65 kph down hill and it feels great. Would love to bring it to 85. I'm pleased with with the vento wheels, they took a few good whacks but are still true. I'm also pleased with the veloce grouppo, but I find the hubs make too much noise when I'm freewheeling. The bike weighs about 18-19 lbs wich is the same weight as many aluminium bikes. The frame is made of Columbus Zona nivachrome steel. The welds are impressive, very well done. I am very impressed with the bike and would recommend it. The value you get from a Marinoni bike far exceeds what you would get from other high end brands.

Giant allegre, steve bauer, miele, pegueot

[Sep 13, 2002]
EenyBear

OVERALL
Strength:

I've always appreciated the supple firmness of a steel frame. Great welds, great durable paint, comfortable geometry for climbing and the steel makes it nice for long distances.

I'm 6' tall with 33" inseam. This frame is 56cm c-c and 56cm tt. With a 0-setback Thomson post, the geometry feels perfect. My bike was built in 1996 and lovingly stored and maintained with very very few miles. I bought it almost as soon as I saw it. I find the frame to be very nimble, a fine climber, highly manoueverable, completely stable on high-speed descents (high speed for me is in the 40-50 mile per hour range). This is not a superlightweight... probably 20-21 pounds with tools and water but I weigh over ten times that much.

Trek 5200 DA, Trek 5500 OCLV DA mix, Trek 2300 Ultegra, Argon Campy mix, Brodie, Raleigh Gran Prix (1972) :)