Merlin Metalworks Inc. 2001 Road Older Racing Bike

[Apr 12, 2002]
tedd

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, light, beautiful, a pleasure to ride.

Price.

DuraAce components, Mavic Classics SSC Wheelset, Chris King HS, Deda Newton stem & handlebar, Reynolds OUZO Pro fork, Thomson Elite seat post and Terry Men''s Fly saddle. So far, I love the smooth feel this bike has. Its light and very responsive. Every thing works great and I love the looks of the triditional frame geometry. I was looking at Airborne''s Zeppelin for over a year and just couldn''t deside about the ovalized tubes and the slanted top tube. When Excel Sports had the 2001 Merlin Road frames on sale and Airborne raised there prices, well, my mind was made up, and I don''t have any regrets.

Trek steal bicycle, Raliegh steal bicycle, and Schwinn steal bicycle.

[Jan 16, 2002]
Paul Mulvey

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, beautiful finish

Very expensive. Even with swapping some DA parts from my old bike, I still paid around $2900 for the entire setup.

This bike replaced my 10-year-old Olmo. It''s a fabuluous machine, and really loves the road. My average MPH improved the first few rides out on the bike. I struggled with this purchase because I tried to find a less-costly alternative, but the geometry of the bike was the only one to fit my frame. I needed a short head tube, and Merlin had the shortest one in my size. That brought my body lower, and made me more aerodynamic. Titanium is an amazing material, and it really does seem to be very comfortable. I did swap out the fork for a LOOK HSC3 carbon fork with carbon steerer.

Olmo Sintex SLX, Trek 400