Bianchi 2000 Veloce Older Road Bike

road race & triathlon, Campagnolo Veloce components, Bianchi carbon fork

[Mar 15, 2011]
nesurd

OVERALL
Strength:

You can tell this bike is made in Italy. Riding on this beautiful steel frame is smooth! Campy setup is almost zero maintenance. Shifting is flawless. Carbon fork helps absorb roadshock. Ahhh...and not to forget, the cult appeal of a celeste bianchi :)

the weight. Switched from a all carbon Marin 2007 roadbike (list around 3k). I'm a light rider (130 lbs) and the wight would be crippling for the hilly terrain I used to ride in. Similarly, acceleration is notably harder.

I thank my lucky stars each time I ride to work on this bike. I found the bike, unused, in the a vacation home I rented and persuaded the owner to let me have it for a token price.

[May 22, 2003]
John

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth shifting....campy veloce group is really nice.....blows away shimano 105 stuff.

5-click front derailer takes a little getting used to.

Great bike. Solid, fast, tight, smooth....what more can i say?

[Dec 05, 2001]
Rockitman8

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth shifter. Great climber

Front derailleur. Seat..which seems to be more of a personal kind of thing.

I just started road riding this year, so I dont have alot to base this review on. Its a very smooth bike compared to my old Trek,but not as smooth as some of the new carbon frame bikes I tested. It''s a great climber and since I have the triple, there isnt anything I cant climb. The shifting is great, very smooth. I also had trouble with the front derailleur, not wanting to shift within the full range. For the money, you cant beat it, but everyone says that about their bike.

Anceint Trek. Cannondale R4000

[Jun 23, 2001]
Kenneth Chapman

OVERALL
Strength:

Steel frame holds up well while riding on cobble stones overseas. The Veloce has a fast smooth ride. Was able to keep up with riders in France, Italy and Spain during my recent Naval Deployment. The Steel frame held up well after taking two serious spills (I wish my ankle had held up that well).

None found

I would recommed this bike to anyone who has made up there mind on purchasing a quality road bike.

Bianchi Campione

[May 25, 2000]
Mark Reuss

OVERALL
Strength:

Great value, looks good, good ride and handling balance. Good components as standard equiptment.

Hmm....I really can't find any.

Damn fun to ride and takes all I dish out. Love it.I am new to the sport, and I have found the bike to be an excellent choice to develop skills,fitness,and enjoyment of the sport. I also have one artificial hip, and this bike has been nothing but a pleasure to develop my muscles on. Terrific balance for someone like myself (36 yrs old).

Trek,cannondale

[May 20, 2000]
Adam

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpen$ive, handles like butter, has Campy on it

This one I've gotta think about... hmm. Just make sure the wheels have been looked at and properly tensioned by a wrench when you buy it, and it'll do you just fine.

If you're in the market for a bike that'll maybe get you into racing but mostly provide a kickin' ride overall, buy the Veloce. It has a carbon fork, it rides well, it comes equipped with Look (not knock-off, but actual Look) pedals, and you can get it in red and yellow. If you're buying your first road bike, what more do you need?

'98 Trek 5200, '96(?) Giant aluminum somethin'

[Jun 16, 2000]
Chris

OVERALL
Strength:

Forgiving but light cromo frame, Campy Veloce and Daytona components, look pedals, stable wheelbase, carbon for soaks up the little bumps, tight shifting, great frame geometry

Spokes on both wheel loosened significantly during break-in (no big deal). threadless headset put on bike by lbs was a p.o.s. Had them replace it with the Bianchi alloy headset it was supposed to come with. Still don't know if that was Bianchi's doing or the lbs trying to pawn off some old junk on me! Selle Italia gel seat is a real butt-buster.

A great bike for anyone with less than $1500 to invest. The steel cromo frame isn't the lightest in the world, but you'll thank yourself afor buying it after every 60 mile spin. The campy components, once broken in are tight and reliable. The Mavic wheels hold their true quite well once the spokes are properly tensioned. Just a joy to ride.
This bike, even though it's probably not the fastest around, *feel* very fast, and I've had no trouble on long climbs nor on 45 mph descents. Very stable.
And having "Reparto Corse" doesn't hurt either ;)

Road a unky old Giant for years. Tested every bike available within 100 miles of my house. (over 30 bikes in all)

[Jul 02, 2000]
Tracy Rose

OVERALL
Strength:

49cm fits great, 5'2 female, standover and handlebar reach work fine. Very comfortable brake hoods. Great steel frame and components. The carbon fork dampens the bumps.

None, just took a little practice to get used to the Campy ergo shifters.

Supergo ordered my size and gave me the sale price. The Veloce had everything I wanted, steel frame, carbon fork, Campy and a size that fit. I'll have this bike a long time. Looks great. Feels great. A lot of bike for the price.

SR steel frame from the early 80's.

[Aug 26, 2000]
Steve R.

OVERALL
Strength:

I've always wanted an Italian, Campy equipped bike. I'm not dissapointed. Very smooth ride thanks to the carbon fork and shaped tubing. (On my old bike, I would bounce around in the saddle on rough roads.) Stable on fast descents and in turns. Love the Celeste. I had a nice surprise when the bike arrived at my LBS. Bianchi must have run out of some Veloce parts, and my bike came with Daytona Ergolevers and derailleurs. Also comes with Look pedals ( painted celeste, of course.)

Italians must have long arms and narrow shoulders. The bars were 38cm (center to center) and it had an 11 cm stem. Changed it for an 8 cm stem and 42 cm Cinelli bars. (I may be out of the ordinary in liking a shorter reach stem.) As several other reviews have said, the spoke tension was badly done. I had a spoke shake loose at only 50 miles on the bike. My LBS took care of it and it has been fine since.

Love it. I think it is a lot of bike for the money, and has a wonderful ride. (and it's got Campy on it.)I would say this bike is perfect for the fast recreational and club rider. 15 years ago, this would have been a high end racing machine, today it is only midrange. I'm not a natural hill climber, but I find this bike goes up hills easier than my 10 year old Schwinn. Maybe all Bianchi's have a little bit of the spirit of Fausto Coppi in them.

Previous road bikes owned are a Schwinn Prologue and the original steel frame Specialized Allez. Considered the Lemond Zurich, but opted for the slightly better price and the Campy group of the Bianchi.

[Sep 11, 2000]
mike smith

OVERALL
Strength:

the price. since i work at the shop i got to pro-deal it. i needed a road bike for school and this fit the bill. the most bike for the buck that i could find. i love the way it corners. especially at speed. a surprisingly comfortable bike.

not much. the seat has to go. i replaced it with a specialized body geometry. bike shipped with a bent rear triangle and bent rear derail. had no problem getting a new derail. from bianchi.

very pleased with my purchase. has given me many an enjoyable ride. gearing kicked my butt for a while but it also helped to get me into shape quicker and has made me a better rider. i strongly recomend this bike.

none, this was my first road bike