Cannondale 2000 R1000 Older Road Bike

road race & triathlon, Road Mix components, Cannondale Slice Prodigy fork

[Jan 09, 2012]
Hktr Fuentes

OVERALL
Strength:

Caad 4 Frame and fork.
Terribly firm & responsive!!

none... well maybe is not my size!!

What to say? it was my first "real" road bike, since then I have only purchased a 1983 Bianchi Vittoria. And I have been upgrading it to this date... just last weekend it got a pair of Elite Custom Race water bottle cages... before that, a carbon railed Antares Fizi:k saddle and so on... just the frame and the fork is what´s left of the original bike... everything else is gone!! Hell, even a 10spd Ultegra group and a Zipp 404 set is in place. WHAT DO I NEED A NEW BIKE FOR?? is a CANNONDALE, for God´s sake!!

Trek road bike

[Dec 23, 2006]
R.Rash

OVERALL
Strength:

Its very light and The Rose power I give it

The Rose power I give it

I have a 2000 Cannondale Its green and yellow Its the most awsome ride I have ever owned I love my bike for its smoothness speed and the way it handles Oh and its name is MATER Yea like Ta Mater but without the TA

Giant Trek Schwinn

[Nov 07, 2002]
John Dixon

OVERALL
Strength:

Light frame, good for climbing and still very stable.

Hate Shimano bottom brackets. Had nothing but problems with them. Might switch crank arms just to get away from them.

I've been very happy with the bike. Makes me feel fast even when I'm not. I have upgraded several parts, some from old bikes, some new parts. Switched wheels to Spinergy RevX, there a little heavyer, but alot faster on level ground. New Chris King headset---ten year warrenty how can you go wrong? Also went with ti stem, just cause I had one.

Peugeot. Bob Jackson.

[Aug 27, 2002]
Vic

OVERALL
Strength:

This is a great bike for all day riding as it is very comfortable, light and feels fast. Steers and stops with precision. It has not required any repairs during the time I've owned it.

The aluminum frame is so stiff that no shock absorbtion is provided. This will take some getting used to on rough pavement. The carbon fork doesn't seem to help. Buy some good shorts.

An excellent bike and a great value. I bought mine after the 2001 bikes came out and saved big. My bike has the flamin' orange fade paint scheme with orange anodized wheels which frequently gets me positive comments. The mix of Shimano Ultegra and 105 components work well. There isn't a big need to upgrade the components to improve functionality, as all the Shimano parts work well. The bike started off weighing at 19 pounds before pedals and accessories were installed. Fun to ride. A keeper.

Too many to list

[May 12, 2002]
martysrex

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight and stiff, great in the hills. Looks Looks Looks!

Ride is a little harsh but I just put on a carbon post and I hve carbon bars which really seem a lot smoother up front.

I love this bike! The on fire fade paint job and orange coda wheels look great. Fastest bike Ive ever had and it really handles. Cannondale rules!! I bought the frame new off of private party in the classified page here and the Ultegra group used there as well. The rest is Ebay!!

Specialized Allez Sport

[Jan 24, 2002]
tommyturbo

OVERALL
Strength:

The frame: light, stiff, and compliant. I think the rear of the bike rides as smoothly as the front with the carbon forks. The handling Cannondale quality The looks Center Cycle

I have a 2001 with the onfire fade paint with just under 1000 miles so far. This bike is a total rocket! Cannondale delivers with superb build quality, light weight, an incredible frame, and perfect geometry for laser-sharp handling and stability. As good as the bike is, the dealer is even better. I usually deal with Dave, but everyone has been unbelievable. They will beat any price in town and then bend over backwards to make sure you are happy. Renton is a little out of the way for me but I give Center Cycle all the business I can.

Bianchi, Trek

[Nov 10, 2001]
steve

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame, the amount of Ultegra components.

Seat really bites! Tires and tubes are starting to get a lot of flats all of a sudden

I have the Saeco, and I absolutely love it! It keeps up just well with the $4300 Calfees that go on my rec. rides. The paint is awesome

Allez

[Aug 12, 2001]
Phil McCracken

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff frame; Mavic wheels are light and strong; reasonably light

noisy as hell; the cables routed below the down-tube slap against the tube (poor design by C-dale, because after checking all the other R-1000s at the shop I noticed they all did it). The bottom bracket emits a loud "tock" with each pedal revolution that my friendly mechanics have so far been unable (ur unwilling) to diagnose. The paint job and decals are pretty horrid, and the green color (the one I got) is especially so. But that can only make me stronger, right?

I would have spent a bit more money for a lighter bike (mine weighs 18 lbs. witht the upgrade to lighter components)and prettier bike (the R 4000 is sweet, especially in pink!) had I not been in such a hurry to buy this one on a cold, rainy December day this past winter. All said, this bike has gotten me through the California Death Ride and the Mt. Shasta Century (lots of climbing and fast descents) in pretty good shape. It's stable, light enough to zip upstairs, and reliable. Too bad Cannondale's designers couldn't get some of the smaller details right.

Only other previous bikes were old and heavy: Bianchi eros and an old Peugot bought back in '80)

[Jul 08, 2001]
Tom Austin

OVERALL
Strength:

Great frame and only 19 ponds @ 58 centimeters! I went for a 58 Kilometer ride today with lots of hills. This bike climbs great and is a blast going downhill. Top speed today was 78 Kmh.

None so far.

I got my bike for a great price. I'm totally satisfied so far, I'll write again after I've had it for a few more months.

I sitched from a 1988 Schwinn Traveler. What a difference in quality and weight.

[Jun 30, 2001]
Brad the Okie

OVERALL
Strength:

Great frame, worthy of basically any upgrade, excellent fork, good dealer (Wheeler Dealer, Oklahoma City, OK. Mavic Open Pro rims take a licking and keep on ticking. Excellent quality of construction, killer paint job (On Fire fade)

Not weaknesses really, just figure a suggested retail price of $2k needs the full Ultegra group.

This is my favorite bike overall that I've ever owned. Very comfortable bike.

Slice carbon fork is superb and really takes a lot of the edge of the lightweight aluminum frame off. I've done quite a few Trek 2300 miles and the R1000 will get you there just as fast and you will be a LOT happier when you arrive.

I cannot say enough about the frame, stiff, light and built to go fast are just a few words.

Sprints like a banshee, exceptional pedal-to-forward motion transfer. Very stable at higher (35+) speeds.

Wheel set includes Cannondale house brand (Coda) hubs and they are fine for 99.99 pecent of the population - not the lightest, but the match of the Open Pro rims and the hubs mated to the Michelin Axial Pro tires provides a relatively lightwith, pretty good looking and very tough combination. I have really banged through some pretty good size county road chug holes and they are still really true after 6 months of churning.

BTW, mine is a 2001 model, but there was only the year 2000 area for reviews. Cannondale is starting to bring out its 2002 models.

Cannondale R500 (owned for 4 years), Trek 2300, Specialized Allez