Diamondback 2000 Expert Older Road Bike

road/sport, Shimano Tiagra Triple components, Diamondback fork

[Jun 22, 2001]
Augusto Napuri

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, sturdy, excellent ride for the price.

No big complaints considering I only paid $500 for it.

This is a great "rookie" bike. I was looking for a good bike with a nice mixture of components that would not break my piggy bank. This is it! After reading favorable reviews a successful test ride followed. Shortly after that, I had completed my first century and eventually the MS-150.

The lighweight frame combined with the triple chainring served me well during the MS-150. You could not erase the grin I had while passing other cyclist during the uphills in Austin. I watched more expensive bikes with more expierienced riders collapse in front of me. During the six months since owning my EXPERT, I have completed every local club ride and will continue to do so.
If you are looking for an entry-level bike to upgrade in the future, this is the bicycle for you.

[Jun 13, 2000]
Kelli J

OVERALL
Strength:

Great frame and fork. Components are a good mix

Tires, pedals, would like a nicer set of wheels, but for the price can't go wrong

Great road bike at a great price. I wanted to start racing road and I did not want to spend a lot of money. I found this bike and it has been true to me since I first day I rode it! The components are great the frame is light and quick and the fork really smooths out the bumps. The best feeling is passing some one who paid twice as much for their bike as I did for mine. Check this bike out if you are looking for a great bargin in road bikes!!!

Cannondale, Trek, Mongoose

[Mar 15, 2001]
Thomas Williams

OVERALL
Strength:

Great for first road bike. Nice mixture of components for price. very light and easy to work with putting accessories on.

some low end components, but for price, they are fine. mine got banged up in shipping on way to store so its got lots of places where paint is chipped off so diamondback needs to look at a new way of packing.

great bike for beginners. its great for somebody starting to race. i havent had any complaints with it yet and have had good luck w/ diamondback before. if your starting to race and dont have a road bike or just recreational riding, its a great bike. its great for all around use.

none.