Diamondback 2000 Interval Older Road Bike

road/sport, Shimano Sora Triple components, Diamondback fork

[Sep 03, 2009]
Morris Brison Jr.

OVERALL
Strength:

Handling, and shock absorbing for less than smooth roads. Durability (because of the cromoly material). Also the braking and shifting work beautifully, the only reason I have them adjusted is simply to prevent potential problems. They have never needed it because of lack of performance.

The only reason I might want another bicycle is for one that is a little lighter. However the positives far out weight the slight weight inconvience. Because for commuting and touring this bicycle is perfect.

I have a 2000 Diamondback Road bike, which I have owned for over 9 years. I purchased it as a brand new bicycle for the purpose of occasional recreational riding. Now since I work 4 miles from my home, I now commute every day to work, and have been doing so for more than 3 years now. My Diamondback has worked beautifully. I have had no problems with my bike, not only that it functions smoothly, and handles beautifully especially for commuting.

Diamondback Mountain Bike.
Trek Road bike (carbon fiber frame)

[Oct 04, 2003]

OVERALL

I purchased this back for a replacement of a 10-year-old road bike. My interest was to get something cheap to get me started again in biking. This was a great choice. I must admit I wasn't looking for a Diamondback, but I'm glad I found this one. The shifting and gear assembly is excellent.

[Jul 20, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

Value- for the money I paid I could not have bought a better bike

still a somewhat low-end bike; great for now, but this is definitely a starting point on the way to pricier rides

I bought this from a liquidater and have been very pleased. I didn't want to spend a ton, but didn't want to buy a Walmart special either. This has been a great bike- fairly lightweight for the price, decent components. it's also been a good bike for someone my size- 6'1", 200 lbs, football thighs, not cycling thighs! Other bikes have felt a bit iffy underneath my bulk relative to lighter riders. This is a pretty solid bike. If you're looking for a commuter bike, or simply (like me) have to pay the student loan before buying the carbon frame you want, this is a good rig.

[Jun 23, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

Great entry level road bike. I bought this bike after being away from road riding for 25 years (since college). I was leary about putting a lot of money into a bike initially. This is a good solid road bike. The components are solid, nothing fancy. They just work.

Seat should be replaced eventually and need to upgrade to clipless pedals. If you get serious about riding you will want to repace the components or bike after 2 - 3 years.

Highly recommend for someone getting back into riding. I can't stay off it!!

[Jun 13, 2000]

OVERALL
Strength:

Component gruppo, fork

I was looking for an inexpensive road bike that I could do some hard riding on, but I didn't want to go so cheap that I got crappy components or a cheesy frame. For the price the Interval gives you a good frame with a good gruppo of components. It makes for a fairly lightweight bike that can really take a beating. I've been beatin on mine for about 4 months now and it's been great. I can't complain, I got a lightweight bike with good parts and it didn't make my wallet too light either!