Diamondback 2000 Master Older Road Bike

road race & triathlon, Road Mix components, Kinesis PRF-16 fork

[Jan 23, 2003]
Sollo

OVERALL
Strength:

It is a Diamondback! To us that means a lot, especially the way it was built up!

Pulled the saddle, post, pedals and bar on each bike to "fit" them to each rider and shave a little more weight.

The Diamondback line has some awesome bikes; BMX, off-road, cyclocross to road bikes. They do vary from year to year, yet always are a good bang for the buck! You may have to watch the model and it helps to know the history to know if you are getting the best of the line. At 19-1/2 pounds with the components and parts found on this Master, along with the Diamondback name, this bike is one to have in your collection. We have five of these (same year and model) and each of us love them. We are still looking for a clean "like new" 54cm - contact us!

Nothing outside the Diamndback family; Experts from both 2000 and 2002.

[Jun 20, 2001]
Glenn

Strength:

This is my first road bike I have owned, and I couldn't be happier. I bought it before I knew anything about bikes, and now I realize what a deal I got, especially for 105/Ultegra. The tires alone price out at $90 for the pair, retail. Mavic wheels, and the fork are all icing. Like I wrote above, I changed the seat, though, and saved 1/4 lb. Still, I recommend this bike to anyone looking for a great buy, and you don't need something everyone else has.

[May 19, 2000]
Paul Maag

OVERALL
Strength:

Very Light and a great price for Ultegra and 105 mix. Real plus is the Ultegra cranks, carbon forks and michelin axiel pro tires. Corners acurate and climbs great!

Stiff frame. Wheels need substantial tweeking (out of the box) to get a good true. Have your dealer work them over before you ride.

For a real low price you get great components, A carbon fiber fork, and a great climbing stiff aluminum frame. Don't plan any centuries. Better to spend a little more for titanium for the long rides.

I had a Diamondback expert previously. It was heavier and much less refined.

[Apr 09, 2001]
Patrick

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, stiff aluminum frame-climes well and is responsive.
Great price for components (complete 105 w/Ultegra crank and rear derailer).

Stiff frame-good for most highway and city roads-not for country roads. VERY Uncomfortable seat-plan on changing it.

Awsome Buy. I have less than 300 miles on it, but this bike has make the shift from mountain biking to road training very enjoyable. I'd give it 5, except for the seat and harsh ride on country roads.

[Jul 31, 2001]
[ dhs ]

OVERALL
Strength:

Relatively light frame, carbon fork, nice componentry. Great bang for the buck.

Stock handlebar is too uncomfy, as is the saddle. An all-Ultegra groupo would have been superb, but also would have significantly raised the price. Touchup paint is impossible to come by, so do take care.

Incredible bike for the price. I was a bit leery buying a DB frame, stuck in the mentality of, "Don't they make BMX bikes?", but have been very impressed with it to date. Eight months and 2500 miles later, I am one happy camper...even more so with the new paint job. :)

1999 GT Force

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.