Fuji Bicycles 2001 Roubaix Older Road Bike

[Oct 12, 2010]
Tony

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight
Good acceleration

none so far

I like the weight of this bike despite it being non carbon and it handles quite well. I have ridden it in parks and down pacific coast highway, the bike is a joy to ride and is pretty fast.

1985 Schwinn Super le tour
2004 Gaint OCR3

[Apr 28, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

I just rode this bike in the MS 150 from Houston to Austin. Compared to the 2002 Bianchi Eros that I rode in the same ride two years ago, the difference was astronomical. This frame with my upgrades now has a total weight of 16.0 pounds. It accelerated like a banshee and can climb like a Billy goat. Yes, there are more expensive and more prestigious bikes out there, but this Fuji is dependable and stands out well in the peloton. Although this frame is all aluminum, riding 100 miles on it did not make me feel beat up.

NONE. NADA

This is a followup review on the Fuji Roubaix Frame. I upgraded the wheelset to Velocity Spartacus Pros. The front derailleur,and brakeset are Campy Centaur, the shifters/brake levers and the rear derailleur are Campy Veloce.The crankset was upgraded to an FSA carbon Team Issue triple crankset.

2002 bianchi Eros, Centurion Accordo,Diamondback Interval, Benotto, Miyata

[Jun 16, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Quick and non-twitchy handling for an aluminum frame without any carbon seatstays. Accelerates well and absorbs road shock as well as my steel bike. Can be ridden long distances without you feeling beat up when you finsh. Nice red,white and blue graphics. Geometry is traditional, not compact.

If you really need to nitpick, the welds are not the cleanest.

I am basically reviewing the 2001 Fuji Roubaix frame. I won it on EBay as I was looking for an aluminum frame that I could transfer my components to. I had a 2002 steel Bianchi Eros and I wanted a lighter bike. Also, the Eros had a little bit more "relaxed geometry" and I wanted something I could ride faster and more aggressively with. I built up this Fuji frame with a 27 speed Campy Veloce grouppo - cranks,brakes,shifters and rear derailleur. The front derailleur is Campy Centaur.The fork is an Easton EC30 carbon fork. The rims are Velocity Spartacus with Conti Ultra 2000 tires. The handlebars are Salsa Cycles Pro Racing with a 3TTT Forge Ahead stem. The pedals are Shimano 540 SPD-L. The saddle is Selle Italia ProLink Gel with a Ritchey Comp seatpost. This frame is eye catching with light weight. My bike weighs only 17.9 lbs in 56cm frame. The handling is extremely responsive - when I get out of the saddle and do my first "power pedal stroke" this bike just had a lot of "giddyap" and "go." This bike can be cornered like it is on rails. I used to race Cat 4 in the 1980's but now am married with two young kids. I consider myself an aggressive fitness cyclist who had to remember he is not a racer anymore. If you want to build up a frame that can keep you up with those expensive Treks and Litespeeds as well as be the only Fuji around the peloton, this bike will not embarrass you.....

Miyata 712,Benotto, Diamondback Interval, Centurion Accordo,Giant Kronos, Bianchi Eros.