Iron Horse Bicycle Company Inc. 2001 Glory Older Road Bike

[Sep 11, 2010]
Theresa Gothard

OVERALL
Strength:

very reliable, just doing regular upkeep and tuneups.

none at this point after 10 years

Love my bicycle!!! I have had it for 10 years and this year I have really appreciated. A major cross wind and many people walking their light light weight bikes up the hill so they won't get blown over. I felt the wind but was able to ride anyways.

[Apr 01, 2004]
varygoot

OVERALL
Strength:

Good set of base components (105), durable and comfortable frame (Kinesis super light aluminum), solid training bike

Resale value

As a stock bike, decent. With upgrades, it's better. Added Shimano 535 wheels, 105 calipers, 3 TTT stem and bar, Cane Creek headset, Selle Italia Saddle. Bike still weighs in at 21 pounds after spending a grand total of around $1200. It's a tank, but a good training bike. Has served me well, but the no-name factor severely affects resale value, which makes it a good deal for second hand shoppers. If I could do it again, I'd spend a few hundred bucks more and get a 105-equipped Trek or Specialized (for resale value).

Specialized Allez, various Bianchi

[May 18, 2002]
ronbike1

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightness and stiffness of the frame. I got a killer deal on this bike from a bike dealer on the net.

None so far.

The bike is light and strong. The frame is stiff and holds up well to my large size. The 105 components work well. I had to put on 105 brake calipers though as it came with cheapies.

Ironhorse Triumph, Trek 1200