Mondonico 1999 EL OS Older Road Bike

1999 Mondonico EL OS, road race & triathlon, Campagnolo Veloce components, Mondonico fork

[Feb 05, 2000]

OVERALL
Strength:

Beautiful, stable, comfortable, and FAST

An incredible bike. I have no need to buy any other road bike. The beauty of this steel frame is that it feels so nimble, stable, and light. True, it is not a 17 lb. bike. But, I want a bike that will last me 10 (if not more) years. The light tubular wheels make it very quick to accelerate. Great paint and very classy looking with the wishbone seatstay.

various bridgestone, rivendell, and specialized road bikes

[May 22, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

Incredible ride, very stable, handles perfectly, corners like it's on rails, reasonably light for steel, just the right amount of stiffness yet very comfortable, nice monostay setup.

This is an incredible ride! I've ridden just about everything there is to ride and this bike is still my favorite. It seems to do everything well. There is nothing I would change on this bike. The frame I bought was actually a '96 model on closeout (which explains the low price), but they haven't changed the design for several years, and I can see why -- it's perfect as far as I'm concerned. This bike would be well suited for anyone other than the ultra-weight conscious -- highly recommended!

Ti, Aluminum, Monocoque carbon, Lugged carbon, Reynolds 853