Serotta Sports Inc. Legend Ti Older Road Bike

The Benchmark for all titanium frames

• Original Serotta Power 'S' bend stays

• USER REVIEWS

[May 19, 2020]
    dwmuck

OVERALL
    Strength:

I've owned a 2000 Legend Ti since 2005 and have likely 10 to 15K miles on it. I am a bike junkie and so split the miles between 5 or 6 other bikes most of the time. Rather than repeat what other reviewers have said - I agree with all positive remarks entirely! Mine is a 61 cm frame and all holds true even at that size.

None. Bike has been flawless.

Price Paid:
    Purchased:
    Used
    Model Year:
    2000
    [Jun 28, 2012]
    Tim Cote

OVERALL
    Strength:

beautiful piece of art. Looks like one piece of titanium. The custom paint is stunning. The ride is so smooth.

Cannot go wrong with the Serotta TI Road bike frame.

[Sep 26, 2011]
    Dan Theodore

OVERALL

For those that like a responsive bike and yet not get pounded to death on bumpy roads, this is your ride: Serotta Ti Road Bike. The frame geometry is perfect for doing the Death Ride up in the Sierra's out of Markleeville, CA. The bike, as configured with Dura Ace components and top wheels, handles fast downhills into corners with aploumb. Fast and stable are additives that perfectly capture the ride.

[Nov 22, 2009]
    George Reilly

OVERALL
    Strength:

The Legend feels as if it has been machined from one single piece of metal....extremely solid and well built. Ride quality is very high too - brings youthful fun back into mind when riding

The Serotta Legend Ti is designed for riding enjoyment and built with outstanding quality

[Jul 15, 2007]
    Tirebiter

OVERALL
    Strength:

rustproof, light, durable, stable, comfortable and aesthetic.

What a wonderful machine the bicycle is! How wonderful it is that Serotta makes them! I was fortunate enough to find a stock floor model (on sale) which was my perfect fit. I think it is the best buy I have ever made. After many thousands of miles it still rides and looks as good as the day I brought it home. This bike rides like a dream; it is smooth, stable, sturdy and superlative in every aspect. It will also never rust, something that I appreciated while living in the midwest for a couple years. As far as I am concerned, the Serotta Legend Ti is the best.

have owned Eddy Mercks, Novara, Trek, Panasonic (all steel)

[Feb 11, 2003]
    jefftnix

OVERALL
    Strength:

Serotta: excellent craftsmanship. Seven: Even better.

Pricey. Mediocre costomer service.Try calling Serotta, you get voice mail. Call Seven, you get a live representative within one ring!

The Serotta Legend Ti is one beautiful machine. But my Seven Cycles Axiom is a better bike when comparing the two side by side. The welds of the Seven are far superior to the Serotta Legend, or any other Ti frame builder for that matter. Customer service of Seven Cycles is also superior to anything Serotta has to offer. Ride quality is wonderful with both bikes, but again, the Seven gets the nod by a significant margin.The Seven's sexy curved chain stays and seat stays make the Serotta stays look boring. Again, this is a side-by-side comparison that is self-evident and plain as day. The Serotta is a beautiful machine that any rider would be proud to own. But it is the runner up to the Seven Cycles Axiom. The Axiom is, without doubt, the finest custom Ti road machine in the world today. Case closed, end of story.

Holland, Litespeed, Merlin, Airborne, Seven Cycles, Cannondale, Moots.

[Apr 09, 2002]
    rcscott

OVERALL
    Strength:

Custom made. Perfect balance. Work of art. Light. Won''t Rust!!

Cost.

Okay, its expensive, very expensive, but its good. I''d tried quite a few bikes of various materials but with lower back problems I had plumbed for a Ti frame. I took a look at all the makes but in the end decided to go for the Serotta Legend with a compact frame geometry as I thought the finish was superior to the other Ti frames on offer. The LBS staff where extremely helpfull & the fitting was very thorough. There was a long delay before I got the bike, due to problems Serotta was having manufacturing the F1 forks but when it finally arrived it was imaculate. The ride is very smooth compared to anything else I have tried & the bike is extremely light, fast & responsive. Take your hands off the bars and the bike tracks perfectly & even out of the saddle crawling up hill it still stays straight & true. Handing over the money made me whince & I do wonder if I''d have been as pleased with say an airbourne Zepplin at half the price. But I cannot find any fault with the bike and would not give it up for any other.

CFR Giant. TCR 1 Giant. Custom Chas Roberts. Reynolds 531 Geoffrey Buttler.

[Jan 27, 2002]
    steve

OVERALL
    Strength:

Responsive, light weight, Serotta quality. Custom fit. Rides better than steel. Custom paint and a very eye catching bike that will defiently make you the center of attention on rides

Price may be a bit high, but you defiently get what you pay for here

What a great 5 star bike. Responsive, light weight. Serotta quality, perfect fit and real good looking

Novara

[Dec 20, 2000]

OVERALL
    Strength:

handling,finish,size availability,custom options n/c

price

This bike will never leave my stable of bikes. Its at home racing fast or touring slow, super comfortable .
    Im a large rider and my frame is also. 60mm. The frame is plenty stiff lateraly but forgiving vertically. You can't go wrong with a Serotta.

Ritchey Road, Litespeed, Cannondale

[Dec 13, 2000]

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light, comfortable, paint job is gorgeous

I bought this bike after deciding to try a titanium frame. My buddies out in NJ told me to get a serotta legend ti instead of a litespeed or a merlin. Being unable to test ride a serotta, I was wary about forking down $2000+ on word of mouth. I took the chance and it is the best bike I've ever ridden. Much better than the OCLV. I had the blue usps and the new white usps. Both of those bikes are gone and now the Legend Ti has taken over as the workhorse. The bottom bracket is stiff enough, the ride is smooth, and the looks are absolutely gorgeous. I admit that it is heavier than the OCLV, but I'm not going back to any other bike. After buying the Legend Ti, I picked up a steel colorado as my nite riding bike a month later. This has dura ace 9 speed with downtube shifters etc. Very retro. Scary thing is, I love the ride of the colorado almost as much as the Legend Ti. Now I'm looking at getting a CSI next year to put into my stable. Don't know why, but I guess I want a nice steel and ti frame to ride and a used steel to ride at nite. As my buddy always says "once bitten with the serotta bug, you can't go back"....

Trek 5200 (2000 and 2001 versions), Serotta Colorado CR