Co-Motion Cycles 1999 Java Older Tandem Bike

[Nov 02, 1999]
Mark
Racer

OVERALL
Strength:

The ride! The finish! The company!

Too low of a high gear with the Ultegra crakset(soon to be remedied)

This was a custom order and came through exactly as I wanted. Beautiful workmanship that is only exceeded by the sweet ride. The more agressive geometry allows you to steer as you would a single bike, and the frame is laterally stiff, even for a 6'4 captain with a novice stoker. On our first ride, we hit speeds of over 50mph on downhills with the utmost confidence. I have ridden tandems for over 20 years and this one rides better than any I have owned. Co-Motion was great to work with and, best of all, the bike was done earlier than expected. Overall, the highest rating possible.

Santana Noventa, Sovereign S, Arriva, Sovereign

[Jul 28, 2000]
Jon Looman

OVERALL
Strength:

Company Support, The Frame Design

Frame design does not allow for kid stoker kits.

Awesome handling. More aggressive geometry makes for a tandem that handles like my single. The bike can go fast. Corners on rails. The frame design eliminates side to side frame flex while maintaining a comfortable soft feel to the ride. I've hit speeds in the high 50's with complete confidence. I actully own the Double Expresso which is the Jave frame design but with fillet welds. The frame is beautiful! Smoother ride than Cannondale and much more aggressive geometry than Santana.

Santana, Cannondale

[Sep 06, 2000]
Matt Dearing

OVERALL
Strength:

The ride, the paint, the company, the welds, the telpathic ride!

I wish it weighed in at less than 30 lbs. I can only get it down to 31.8, but don't really have to try to hard at that!

This bike rides so well that I fell in love with during my very first pedal stroke. It decends so fast and streaight that it scares me how it want to go so much faster than I am willing to push it. For climbing, lets just say it floats both out of the saddle and in. I corners on rails and over all I would say it rocks.

Ibis tuche, Co-mo Speedster, Santana anything(highly unrecomended, handles like a broken down school bus!!)