Devinci 2001 Caribou Older Touring Bike

[Mar 04, 2002]
Paul

OVERALL
Strength:

Fantastic components. Strong and stable frame. Performs well regardless of the weight of the panniers (>100 lbs). It''s CANADIAN!!!

None.

This is the best bike that I have ever owned. Period. Previously, I had modified a Kona MTB to suit my touring needs, but decided to upgrade to a full touring cycle. I searched around for a few months until I finally settled on the Devinci Caribou (2001). I''ve been riding it now for about four months, and have fallen in love with it. The frame is simple, strong, stable and has great feel--not overly sensitive, as I first thought it would be. The components are perfectly suited for touring, and gearing is smooth regardless of the weight I''ve packed into my panniers. There are no bells and whistles (things that could go wrong on a long trip), and everything, right down to the grip tape is tested and true. If you''re willing to spend the money, you''ll be ecstatic with this product. It''s one of those bikes that you keep for fifteen years and continue to be proud to ride, regardless of the new flashes in the pan that come out from year to year. A classic bike that will age with grace.