Devinci 2001 Destination Older Touring Bike

[Oct 11, 2003]
rrohssh

OVERALL
Strength:

Great ride, comfortable over long distances (up to 75K so far), fast,sturdy

Problems with front shifing. Chain has come off a couple of times shifting from 2 to 1 chairings. This has taken some paint off the lower chainstay. Dealer says no touch up paint available from manufacturer, but I will look into this further. Also, sometimes takes extra effort to shift from 1 to 2 in front. I had a lot of trouble with the Presta valves. They bent easily and it was hard to check pressure and to fill. I got stranded once with a flat as it was hard to get off tires and to inflate the replacement tube which ended up popping (maybe it was pinched). I had the tire valve holes in rims drilled for Schrader valves. Now I getting getting different pressure readings between the hand gauge and the pump gauge and so will will have to learn more about this.

I've had this bike for about 1 1/2 months. Got it after I found my Canonndale F500 Mountain Bike (a great bike for off-road and around the city use) too slow and ineficient for longer rides. From the time I took a test ride I felt this bike was made for me. The ride is great, it's much faster than the mountain bike and very comfortable. However I miss the front suspension when I get road chatter, although this is a minor problem.