Cervelo Eyre Tri Older Triathlon Bike

650c Ultegra Triathlon Bike

[Nov 24, 2008]
Aaron

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast

Too tall seat tube to make sure the size was exactly the size advertised, Cervelo's own website mentions this.

Fast bike. 650c wheels spin up well, it corners well, and the ride is surprisingly smooth for aluminum. Weighs only slightly more than my Ti bike.

[Oct 28, 2003]

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast, comfy, cool-looking. Good in the flats.

Could be better for hills. The geometry and lack of hand positions hurts a bit, but it isn't too bad.

LOVE this bike! It's responsive, light, comfortable, and, above all, FAST! I picked up 3MPH on my favourite straight from my road bike with this. AWESOME bike. Real easy to get comfy, looks pretty, nice components, and aero.

Just my Fuji with aerobars.

[Jun 04, 2000]

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, sturdy bottom bracket, great at climbing hills, fits like a glove, all ultegra components and syntace bars, PRICE PRICE PRICE!

None so far.

This is my first real tri bike, thank god I finally woke and smelled the coffee, and curse my stubbornness for not getting one (a tri bike) sooner! I got this bike for under 1300.00 from Bikesport in Dearborn Mi. it is a '99 model, but I dont care, its an absolute rocket!
The reason it was leftover from last year is the top tube is a bit longer than most tri bikes, and luckily I happen to be "Torso Man"! If you have a chance (if it fits you correctly) to own a Cervelo bike I would highly recommend it, you wont be dissapointed.

'99 Bianchi, '00 specialized allez comp

[Sep 20, 2000]

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit, price, geometry. Great to run off of. Price

brittle paint? a few too many chips for the amount of time I've owned it.

Great deal for a tri-specific bike. I bought mail order, had to swap in a shorter stem to get comfortable. Great ride, really helped me run easier off the bike. Have gone up to 80 miles in training, 2 1/2 IMs this summer. Came stock with 20mm IRC paperlite tires, which just wasn't enough tire for me(5'11", 190). My only beef is the number of paint chips I've accumulated in 1 season. I don't know if that's a function of me or the paint job.