Trek Navigator 200 2002 Cruiser Bike

[Oct 18, 2012]
Minnesota Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Front tire easy release feature

Can not find any

I was given the Trek Navigator 200 Cruiser several years ago for Christmas. We live in the country and I use my bike on tar and gravel, and I have taken it on camping and biking trips. It has been and continues to be a great bike for my needs. I choose to upgrade to a larger seat, and I have never regreted that decision.This bike gives me a smooth and comfortable ride on all surfaces. The shifting option on the handle feature allows an easy one hand transition while riding. This bike was reasonably priced for me, and I feel that I got a wonderful value for my money. I have had many hours of enjoyment with my bike, and have never needed to have any repairs done to it.

[Apr 17, 2012]
John stoltzfus

OVERALL
Strength:

This is good for on and off road purposes. Now it's not a mountain bike so I don't take advantage of the "off road" functionality. I mainly just use it on crushed rocks, soft dirt paths, and ocasIonally unpaved rail-trails.

Well, for me, there really are no weaknesses. I had to true the wheels every once in a while but that's nothing.

Overall, this is a awesome bike. I use this much and it must have about 100 miles on it. Very good bike

[Jan 01, 2012]
jennifer

OVERALL
Strength:

durable and affordable

This is a great bike, I've had others in the 5K range and this by far takes little maintenance and for the price it is a great ride. I average 10-15 miles a ride.
I now have it indoors ona bell stand I paid 75.00 for and it makes very little noise.

trek racer, Kampo bike, custom bike

[Sep 03, 2011]
J.J. Abella

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike can handle on or off road riding especially in emergency situations when riding on pavement and cars come too close for comfort. I just take it of the road and keep riding.

The only item I have trouble with is mounting a rear view mirror on the handle bar. Can't find one or am not able to mount one because of my shifter locations.

I live on the North Shore of Maui and the area where I live provides the best rides for me as far as short riding sessions are concerned. This entails a lot of up and down hill riding. Enough for an hour of riding work out.

[Nov 28, 2010]
bob741235

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight. Quick release seat and front wheel. And little maitnance.

This was and still is a good bike. I put over 300miles in the first summer I had it. Great for short rides or long distince. But after 11 years decided to move up to Trek 7100. Hopefully not a bad choice.

[Oct 10, 2009]
Roy Jarvis

OVERALL
Strength:

Great for on road and off road riding.

The hand grip gear shift!! After the first 50 miles or so, I became tired of the "Accidental Shift" while riding up hill where I had to use more force in grip and step. Also the handle bars are a little high.

I've been riding the trek navigator 200 for almost three years now, I've put more than 600 miles on road and off into this bike with little and only simple maintenance

[Mar 23, 2009]
Liz

OVERALL
Strength:

Alu frame, makes it convenient to ride around.

Handlebar height, much too high. I'm having a straight one refit onto the bike. The bars should be 1" below seat height, mine were 5" above seat height adjusted to the min. An overly upright riding position is not very comfortable. The saddle looks great, but was really uncomfortable. Will give it a second chance with the bars put in the right position, otherwise I will find a Dahon one, as they are the most comfortable I've ever used.

I had to give up my Dahon, which is a better commuter bike. Bought a Trex Navigator 200 as a consolation prize. It is pretty well balanced, rides well and has all of the modern necessities, braking system, enough gears for hills.

[Sep 02, 2007]
Joel

OVERALL
Strength:

Ride position. Comfort. Grip gear shift. Solid kick stand. Long cables. Good on the road and on large gravel. I even ride it in the mud occasionally.

It's hard to remove the front wheel for transport.

The Trek Navigator is a great bike. I picked mine up at a Pawn shop when looking for a bike to ride on campus. I go to a large University and typically walk several miles a day to get to all of my classes.
I wanted a nice bike but at a value price so I decided to check pawn shops.
This bike is great for me because it keeps you upright. It is a really comfortable ride, especially for my 5'11" frame.
I was going to lock it up on campus, but went and purchased a bike rack so I can take it to the state park, it is that comfortable and fun to ride.

Other treks, canondale, old school bikes.

[Jul 06, 2003]
nivrag

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and very easy to ride, I have spinal fusion from L5 to S1 and it doesn't bother me a bit!

My wife and I both purchased the Trek Navigator 200 and we simply love the bikes! I strap my 3y/o daughter in her chair on my bike and away we go!

Huffy Heavies!

[May 02, 2003]
Joe

OVERALL
Strength:

easy to ride.

I just love this bike it has many of the features that come with very expensive models. For the money this is a real value.

huffy HAHAHA