Jamis Coda 2002 Hybrid Bike

[Mar 14, 2009]
Nebikard

OVERALL
Strength:

Well built, light, great road bike

Wheels were not well built, but I put better rims on it and now it's all good.

I bought this used Jamis Coda about two years ago after my previous bike was stolen. Since then, I've ridden this thing hard and it still performs well for me after all this time. The components were great and it has been a high quality bike. I'm glad that I bought it.

I've used Novara bikes and had a K2 among others. Cannondale road bikes have passed through my hands from time to time.

[Sep 21, 2004]
meyerlofgren

OVERALL
Strength:

Butter smooth ride, excellent components, rock solid.

None so far.

I love this bike. Pro Cyclery took a stock 2004 Jamis Coda speed bike, and switched out the handlebars to drop bars, I also changed the pedals to eggbeaters, I now have a great cyclocross bike that I can confidently take in the dirt, and it keeps up with road bikes, all for $1000 and with better components than had I bought a cyclocross model.

[Dec 08, 2003]
Nando26

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame is the best part of this bike, along with it's weight (25 lbs stock)

If your looking for speed, don't look here, unless your ready to spend on upgrades.

The rig is very sturdy. Read the bike set-up and you'll see I've made some major upgrades. At first the bike felt sluggish......until I dressed it up. Now I stay right along-side road bikes. And they wonder why, or how it's possible.

[Sep 01, 2003]
John

OVERALL
Strength:

Components are the highlight. Steel frame absorbs the jitters from rough city streets.

I am a large rider and was breaking spokes. I replaced the rear spokes with a stronger set of DT spokes and the problem was resolved.

Wonderful commuting bicycle. Quick, nimble, fast, sturdy.

[Aug 23, 2002]
kustomz

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff and light with great components for the price.

Too much flex in the seat post with a seat that is too big and mushy for serious riding.

A great all around bike. Light and stiff enough to put down some serious miles, yet still very comfortable.

[May 22, 2002]
walter bocchini

OVERALL
Strength:

components aesthetics

none really

awesome bike for the price top notch components and a great feel plus its a damn good looking bike