BikeE E2 2002 Recumbent Bike

[Mar 17, 2002]
BentJay

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid, overbuilt frame and wheels. Very low maintainence. Drivetrain shifts very easily and smoothly, even under load. Brakes are superb Avid discs. Very comfortable seats and position...it''s easy to dial in this bike for various captains/stokers. This bike is FUN! Oh yes, via IMing, you have instant access to someone at Bikee for any related questions. Great service and backing of their product.

Does not have the cache of recumbent tandems that cost twice as much. (LOL all the way to the bank...) Some people disparage the steering. I find it "different" but, very easy and comfortable. Would it be different w/ a heavy stoker? I don''t know; my stokers are lightweights! Definitely not a speed demon though with the granny gears you can crawl up any hill. The new seat clamps don''t allow as easy sliding of the Sweet Seats as the old clamps (but, they''re safer.)

For 2002 Bikee addressed all of the concerns expressed in the RCN review of the 01 edition. The front wheel now has 32 spokes, the rear wheel has a nine speed cluster, the front handlebars are the curved RX model on a (straight)top-loading stem and the front wheel stand is now included. The big improvement is the front/rear Avid mechanical disc brakeset. These brakes are superb compared to the SRAM V-brakes they replace. We are experienced wedgie tandem riders; the Bikee is smooth like "butah" in comparison with our Burley and Schwinn Paramount tandems.

I ride a Bikee xl RX. (See my review) I''m a true believer, I suppose...If you want the highest speed, this bike may not be for you but, if you''re looking for fast, reliable, comfortable fun for two