Bianchi Veloce 2002 Road Bike

[Sep 27, 2018]
aberon

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth ride, nice climber.

Brake hoods could be deeper for an easier grip

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2002
[Mar 05, 2017]
reginald morton

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth and racey

the only bianchi Ive owned and love it

After riding an Aluminum Bianchi that i detest, i jumped on the opportunity to buy a Veloce frame thur Craigslist, $70. After the first ride, I couldn't believe how much of a great deal I found. This bike deserves great components and nothing but the best Ive fitted to this fantastic frame. Dura Ace Chris King hubs with Pacenti rims, will be buying HED tubulars very soon. This bike is the best bike Ive proudly owned. Thank you very much Bianchi

[Jan 16, 2012]
Anthony Bianchi

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth ride and great handling. Components can be rebuilt and or upgraded. The lookm is classic and timeless; celeste rules!

None. Some say weight, I say lose some of your own.

Greatest bike ever owned; updating over the years, so no need to replace. Steel is real. Smooth ride, great handling due to superior geometry, old school looks, not the flashy new sloping crap top tube made in Taiwan junk. Crunch the big gears and the bike responds. Whether it is a quick 30 miles training ride or a 150 miles day long event. Never quits. Over 40000 miles in ten years owned and over 6000 the last two.

An old Schwinn Paramount frame which I thought was great (at the time) but in fact is junk.

[Jul 09, 2004]
burpee

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, fast, fun. Campy!

I don't know. Heavy? I've heard others say this. I have no benchmark for comparison. A couple no-name components.

More bike than I was originally looking for (in both price and features), but this bike gives me more pleasure every time I ride it. Purchased in early 2003 as a 2002 leftover. I guess I got lucky, as this is the last year this frame was steel. I was a long time MTBer looking to purchase a commuter bike, my work moved close enough to make for a reasonable occasional commute (20 mi one-way). Walked into the LBS, told him my requirements (size requirements, steel frame, double front ring, etc). I was actually looking for one of those straight-bar hybrid "street" bikes. LBS guy pointed to this yellow and blue beauty hanging in the window. It was more than I wanted to spend, but a great deal. I couldn't pass it up. The saddle was too narrow for my big fat butt (6'3", 200+). I swapped in a WTB saddle that I have on my MTB. Much better. I had a hard time getting used to the tuck position after 10 years riding upright MTBs, so LBS fitted me with a slight ride Profile stem. I love my new commuter bike and my commute! I still get a little freaked out on high speed descents on the skinny tires and tuck position. I also get weirded out when feeling the carbon fork deflect on rough roads. I'm afraid I'm going to break this work of art. But she's not as fragile as she appears, and I am enjoying the smooth ride and overtaking other riders on the road as much as bombing a rocky rooty NE singletrack downhill on the MTB!

None. Surly 1x1 singlespeed, Santa Cruz Bullit.

[Sep 14, 2002]
Timothy Conaway

OVERALL
Strength:

Campy components are very smooth and crisp. Geometry is great. Steel adds for a very smooth ride. Durable frame.

A bit heavy because of the steal-- sacrificing weight for comfort.

Although a newbie to road racing and triathlons, I tried out a multitude of racing bikes, both triathlon and road racing. For the price range, I believe that I bought the best bike I could. The steel frame makes the rides much smoother, but of course adds weight. It has given me the biggest adrenaline rush that I have ever had storming by competitors and flying during sprints. Campagnolo components are AWESOME. It is great for both touring and racing. Worthy for future upgrades. I put more miles on my bike than I do my car and I do a lot of driving; each extra mile on it makes me feel more in tune with this machine. I can't wait to test this bike out in a full ironman coming up soon. I thoroughly enjoy my bike.

Bianchi eros.