Ciocc Challenger 2002 Road Bike

[Jun 30, 2006]
ciocc4me

OVERALL
Strength:

Well poised, light (not a priority for me) great for climbing and has good handling. Looks cool and is not a mass produced corporate money maker....Ive had this bike for over 3yrs and it just does not bore me, great bike...

Not much, well i cant think of much can bounce a bit on rutted roads..

i bought this bike from th legend Mike at Maestro, its stunning, he did me a deal on the frame. An all alluminium Scandium. Personally i dont like ultra stiff frames, so this bike is perfect. Light, but stable. Ive just upgraded my Kysriums to a pair of far superior Campag Eurus wheels. Essentially i love racing it or just banging in endless miles around the local hills and minor roads... Colnagos are a dream but Cioccs match em, so much so that i bought another one in Carbon. (Not yet built)

Pinarello Stelvio and a Sigma Attila Centaur.

[Apr 28, 2003]
The Human G-Nome

OVERALL
Strength:

This was my absolute dream bike and after 6 months it still is. For me, this bike is flawless.

155lb weight limit will scare folks off. Thin paint that isn't chipping, but i'd imagine that will come at some point. Chipped paint doesn't exactly bother me but the paint is so beautiful that I find myself babying it more then I normally would a bike.

I own the 2003 Ciocc Hurricane. The bike has a rider weight limit of 155lbs which will probably scare most people off. The ride is absolutely solid, however, and despite being a brilliant climber, it's strength is in the descent. The thing is on rails and braking is an afterthought. SOOOOO stable compared to any other bike I've ridden and the longer top tube really compliments my riding style. ***Ummm, it's gorgeous and almost no one else you know owns one.

Colnago, Litespeed, Univega, Trek.

[Apr 18, 2003]
The Clown

OVERALL
Strength:

Superb Italian craftmanship. Carbon rear seat stays make the ride super smooth. It is a very good climbing frame and has a brialliant turning circle. If you want a unique high quality bike, then this is it.

Causes arguements in the house as being such a great looking bike, it has residence in the living room rather than in the garage

When I was deciding on a road bike I was keen on a Cannondale, however the guys at Bike Addiction (who sell both) steered me in the direction of the Ciocc. All the guys there race them and they all love them. I have used mine for 12 months and had no problems. Although they are light, I weigh 220 lbs and had no issues with frame creak or other bits. They are a unique hand built frame with brilliant craftmenship.

[Nov 24, 2002]
ctpkev

OVERALL
Strength:

ultralight in traditional frame geometry stiff ride great craftmanship built to order durability...if you can believe it!! price...Mike at maestro-u.k. is the only person I will buy a bike from again!!

some bb flex out of the saddle wafferthin paint prone to scratching long wait for frame building

I opted for the all scandium frame as opposed to the carbon seatstays. The frame welds are flawless and the craftmanship is immpeccable. I am 6'2 and 170lbs, and wasn't sure if this ultralight frame would stand up. After 1 year of racing, and one crit crash, no problems. Yes, the wheelbase is long (typical european geometry), but the acceleration is amazing. I do experience a little bb flex when stomping out of the saddle, but this frame is sweet!! The ride does take some getting used to, as the frames lightweight gives an almost sketchy ride. This isn't the bike you want to build-up on friday and race on saturday. A few hundred training miles are nessesary to adjust to the bike.

cannondale caad 3 full dura ace concorde prestige w/105

[Oct 30, 2002]
padresp

OVERALL
Strength:

- Extremely smooth ride - Carves very well on corners - Super light - Great fork - Sweet paint job (yellow/black) - Decent acceleration - An absolute mountain goat on the hills. It feels like you're flowing up the hill. - The bike is flawlessly manufactured. - Did I mention its ride is SMOOTH?

- Bike weight takes some getting used to, especially on corners - I don't know how well it would hold up for a large person (I weigh under 150) - For me, it felt like a long wheelbase, which meant its cornering was not as precise as past bikes I've ridden. - Price. This thing ain't gonna be on sale, unfortunately. If you're fortunate enough to be able to afford one, though, I'd recommend it.

I have had this bike for less than a month, but definitely enjoy it.

Specialized S-Works M4 Older steel bikes GT Aluminum