Diamondback Expert 2002 Road Bike

[Oct 31, 2003]
Jacob Adams

OVERALL
Strength:

Adaptable, cheap, easy to work with, great starter bike

Stock peddles and saddle. To harsh for even a rec rider

I bought this bike from a friend of mine who was trying to unload his older bikes before moving to cycle for the Air Force Academy. I have since gotten very attached and love the set up of the bike. REally a great starter bike for anyone looking to get into the sport. I have since used this bike in three crits and two triathlons, and it adapted extremely well to both.

Never owned a real road bike before

[Jan 31, 2003]
vhays

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light, responsive handling. WB a little longer than other road bikes which helps for my longer arms.

Needs to come with clipless pedals.

Decided to make the leap and get a Road bike for fun since I was using my "modified" MTB for commuting. I've had great luck with the Diamondback brand, so looked at this one and when it went on clearance for year-end, couldn't resist. And, it's living up to all my expectations. Tight handling, responsive shifting (when I finally learn how to use STI correctly) and fast. Compares to the $1500 Specialized Allez I test rode. Great values and great bike. I'm as happy with this as I am with my Diamondback MTB; IOW, thrilled.

Specialized Allez