Litespeed Sirius 2002 Road Bike

[Nov 21, 2009]
Uzzi

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike fit the bill perfect, the carbon/Ti stays absorb bumps soo well I found myself cruising around on smooth dirt roads for fun. The lightness and stiffness allowed me to do my solo 60 Milers full steam ahead, wind or no wind. The frame strength meant I didn’t have to baby it over speed bumps, more like how high and fast I wanted to launch over them.

The headset never felt tight; standing, holding the brakes, there was always some play. The compact frame made the seat post length excessive, but added to the comfort I suppose.

I commuted with it during the week and rode at least 3 good rides a week, so I wanted a solid, light, comfy bike. My good buddy and bike shop owner suggested a Calfee or Litespeed Sirius, knowing my riding habits; namely my tendency for 60+ grinds, the happiness I get dropping triathaletes and the grueling climbing I adore so much.

Griffen Vulcan (Ultegra groupo)

[Apr 28, 2006]
Wheel Sucker

OVERALL
Strength:

Light
Stiff
Comfortable
Affordable
Nice full carbon fork
Cool paint-job

Frame alignment wasn't 100% spot-on, perfect - I had to file away paint in the rear dropout to get the rear wheel lined up properly, though once that was done everything was sweet.

I built this frame up with the new Ultegra 10 speed, Deda, Mavic, etc.
Weight was good coming in at 8kg for Medium frame.
The first time I rode it, as I cycled across a rough patch on the road I was certain I had a puncture as the road shocks were absorbed so well: the carbon stays are NOT hype, they really work.
Climbing it can only be described as superbe. The combination of the very stiff chainset and stiff frame really give you the feeling that all your power is being transmitted to the road.

[Nov 02, 2002]
Sirius

OVERALL
Strength:

Light,quick, stiff.

Paint seems a bit brittle especially at the dropouts.

I bought the Sirius as a frameset to replace other frames that I had. I have to say this frameset is phenominal. I love the way it feels when climbing - my climbing has actually improved. It is also very comfortable but stiff when I stand up and push a big gear. I have no regrets and I like riding it so much that my other bike - 2002 Pinarello Prince is still hanging in the garage. Got the bike to 16.4 lbs with pedals.

Pinarello Prince,Cinelli Starlight,Scattante Airplane, Several Cannondales.

[Oct 28, 2002]
daniel lira

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and Responsive

MADE IN TAIWAN. ALL OF LITESPEEDS ALUMINUM BIKES ARE MADE IN TAIWAN. For that price you can buy a De Rosa. Cheap Seat Post.

It is super light. I really enjoy the feel. It is a lot smoother than complete aluminum bikes. And the geometry (sloping) is fantastic. You can really feel the diference on the mountains.

Le Mond (Zurich)

[Oct 15, 2002]
GileyD

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks Light weight Comfort from carbon/ti stays Handling

Quite expensive but a comparitively cheap way to get a Litespeed! Cheap seat post

Ordered an '02 Antares, long story but ended up with an '03 Sirius frame with '02 Antares kit on it. First thing that hit me is the weight,or lack of it. Although 5'11" I bought a large as on the M/L I had to fip the stem to get enough height at the front - no probs but looks wrong IMHO (road bikes should have 0 deg rise stems). With Look PP396 pedals it is about 18lbs. Climbing and acceleration are excellent. Other major point is comfort - do believe the hype - the carbon/ti curved seat stays do the bizz, fast 50+ milers on typical appalling UK roads give no aches or pains, comfort is as good as my old 531 frame, yet stiffness is good too (at least for my puny 150lbs!). Looks very contemporary - tiny little compact frame and totally wild paint job. Paint and decals seem good quality, though early days. Handling very good, fast but not to the point of twitchyness. I don't race myself but would imagine this bike would be spot on for racing, especially crits.

1995 Ribble 531 with Campag Mirage

[May 23, 2002]
mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff and light. Did I say light? I love the spinergy wheels. The tires are Hutchenson and very light, but cut and puncture easily, I replaced those right away, which unfortunatly upped the weight a bit. Overall the bike is a good balance of sprinting and comfort with the balance tipped toward stiffness and quickness. A pretty paint job, but ... see below. A very pretty carbon fork as well. The integrated headset gives it a clean look. Ultra sleek carbon seatstays. I came from 8 speed stuff and love the short throws of the new 9sp.

the paint is chipping at the rear dropouts, it's awfully brittle. The tires cut easily. The threads in the cable stops at the top of the downtube had to be chased due to excess paint inside, a real pain when I built it up. The bars are measured outside to outside, so be careful you don't end up with them too narrow. I had to replace the stock 8cm stem with a 14 to get it to fit right.

I've ridden the Sirius now in a number of situations. I got it for crits although I've done a dozen all day rides on it. First it's super light, one of my teammates weighed their Medium at 17lbs. Mine's a small. What a great bike, it handles like it's on rails on a tight course and it's a great all day bike. In the crits it flicks around like a bat in a target rich environment. The longest ride I've done is 70 miles on a windy day with a number of short to long climbs on rough to smooth pavement and I was suprised at how smooth it was. I wasn't beat up at all for such a short wheelbase, it's a full inch shorter than my shortest 51cm bike, a Merlin Extralight. It's stiff when standing, yet complient over the rough back roads. (although when I took it across my favorite dirt road, Juan Tomas, it was just on the far side of it's ablity to absorb shocks, JT is about 5 miles of hard packed rocky dirt road that switchbacks up about 500' in the first mile or so.) It's a super climber and super nimble.

Spacialized M2 Road. My other 'crit' bike. 8sp ultegra w/ nice bits here and there. I love this bike too. Merlin Extralight, not really similiar, but I ride them on the same roads. Campy Record 8sp

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.