Raleigh USA R400 2002 Road Bike

[Aug 25, 2018]
dawnlope

OVERALL
Strength:

I bought this bike in 2002 new to use in my first triathlon. It was easy to learn how to ride. I had not been on a bike in over 30 years. It has plenty of gears and I have passed people on hills and did not run out of gears going down the hills. I still have the original tires on it and they have never gotten a flat. I use it for triathlons and training only. I am a very light weight rider (under 117 lbs) and maybe that is why my tires have lasted so long. It has been a very dependable bike!

The only thing I can say negative about it is maybe the bike is a little heavy as compared to all the newer ones out there now.

Price Paid:
2002
[Jan 02, 2009]
rafael

OVERALL
Strength:

its good for uphills

tires and brakes.

Its a good bike when i feel like passing all of the big expensive bikes.I use it to mess around with but i like it.

[Aug 15, 2003]
j p

OVERALL
Strength:

cost, shimano sora parts, i'd rather have tiagra.

weight,

Popped a tire the forst 2 hours i rode it, it was 30%off cos it was last years model, its fast, i love the brake lever gear shifters, good bike, best for cost.

bridgestone mr-2 1983!

[Jul 30, 2003]
Pat

OVERALL
Strength:

Compact. Good Value. Shimano. Upgradable

Weight. Steel fork. 8-speed. Kenda tires.

Overall I've been pleased with this bike. I bought it to supplement my mtn. bike training. I like the compact design of the frame. Shimano components. The Kenda tires suck. I've already had to replace them. This is a good bike for the entry-level cyclist. It's basically the same frame as the higher-end Raleigh compact frames. You could upgrade the components and have a decent club bike.

Trek 1000, Raleigh R500

[Jun 20, 2003]
Nathan Duff

OVERALL
Strength:

stiff frame for climbs and sprints, just don't ride it too far or you'll be sore. Price.

tires are bad, replace as soon as possible, stem was too short, had to replace, low grade components

I picked this bike up as a new road rider, I wanted something cheap enough but good enough. Overall, I think it was both. I certainly didn't win any races with this bike, but I'm thinkin it was more like the bike didn't win any races with this rider. Good for new riders on low budget.

none, it was my first

[Apr 25, 2003]
Mike LoPresti

OVERALL
Strength:

Price is the best thing about this bike. Least expensive bike that I found that I could get clipless pedals on. Good starter...

Cheap parts makes me a little nervous sometimes since I do go kind of far away without any way to get back.

It has been a good bike. The parts on the bike are a little cheap and heavy. She will get you around without any trouble. Good bike for a beginner like me that is very upgradeable.

K2 Mountian bike zed 5.0 (my other toy)

[Dec 17, 2002]
Ralph

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything except the tires

tires

The bike rides great, if only the tires keep up.. Every single time (except for once) I've had a flat, and had to call for help.. Hate the tires that come with it, but otherwise it is a great bike.. Sora components give you value for your money.. I can keep up with the best of em, if my tires hold up.

Schwinn Voyageur