Co-Motion Cycles Robusta 2002 Road Tandem Bike

[Mar 28, 2002]
Tom

OVERALL
Strength:

The custom nature of a 12 person company who answers the phone and email!!! The best components, weight, craftsmenship, geometry, and standard wheel 145mm versus non-standard 160mm Santana only wheel.

The Santana rear wheel with zero dish would be great strength addition, but given that wheel selection gets very limited, we decided that with Chris King hubs and Aerohead rims we go with the Co-Motion. Will see if the wheels will stay true after mucho miles?

The component description is wrong as listed; saddles are men and women''s Selle Italia Flite, tires are Michelin Axial Pro 25mm (great tires and comfortable) The bike rides great and is a true 30lbs. bike I have seen alot of tandems and look hard at Santana. In the end it was the ability to work with the LBS and have it fitted to both of us (they''ll even swap stems and saddles at no charge) which made the difference. I have yet to ride it over 50miles, due to my stoker fitness and fun level. But we have done group rides and we can ride with the group easily and the bike with Dura Ace shifts easily. The Chris King hubs and headset speak for themselves. I personally much prefer the stiffer aluminum frame, for fast riding, cornering and descending, its a must have, over the flex of a steel tandem. Given the long wheel base of the tandem comfort is not an issue for the captain and a mandatory rock shox suspension post will put a smile on your stoker.

Co-Motion Speedster (steel tubing)

[Mar 23, 2002]
Tom

OVERALL
Strength:

Beautiful, stiff, no-wiggly feel tandem with awesome components and killer paint. Good price for all you get and real pride of workmanship from a 12 person company.

Price and its hard to ride alone.

Needed to find a fun way to spend time with my wife after years of riding. The tandem is great. Let me say that you must work as a team and as a friend said its a "relationship accelerator" whichever way its going you''ll get there alot faster. The bike weighs 30lbs. and handles wonderfully. I really find the aluminum frame stiffer and much more to my liking than the steel frames I tried. Its very comfortable and the Co-motion Dura Ace setup is HOT! It works great and I''m sold. By the way if you went to INTERBIKE or looked in the inaugural edition of "Double" magazine, the 2 page ad for Co-motion features my actual tandem with the Pearl Green and Chromalusion flames. In the sunlight its awesome. Dollar for dollar I think the Co-motion Robusta is the best deal out there for someone who wants top-of-the-line performance and a great ride too.

Co-motion Speedster