Coker Monster Cruiser 2003 Cruiser Bike

[Oct 22, 2014]
Trevor

OVERALL
Strength:

Huge bike great for taller people.

Cheap components. The cranks and chainring are way too small.

This is an awesome for taller people. Being 6' 4" is difficult to find a bike that fits and this one fits great. I would imagine this bike will be difficult to ride for shorter people. The bike seems to be made well but the components used are fairly cheap which is disappointing since the bike is rather expensive. The crank and chainring must have been made for a children's bike and are useless on this one. I replaced the crank with a 180 mm crank and replaced the stock 28t chainring with a 32t. With the stock setup the lowest gear was useless but now I can use all the gears and this thing will fly.
It is a good bike but the price is way to high for the quality of the components used. Try to get it at a discount if possible.

[Mar 24, 2010]
nert

OVERALL
Strength:

Big wheels mean longer distance with fewer pedals.
Gear ratio very good. Tough hills may require standing up, but who cares?
EVERYONE takes notice when you ride this and the fun factor is second to none.

Might be too big for some people. They did a great job of engineering it for regular size people, but it's a slightly different ride. I'm 6'2"

Bought on of the first ones from Coker Tire. Had it for well over 10 years now. Great bike, Well made for the price (equally as good as any Schwinn). Ride it everywhere around the beach area I live in and paint looks as good as when I bought it.

Regular sized bikes.

[Feb 25, 2009]
MunkeeHucker

OVERALL
Strength:

just so way cool

ultra heavy

Wow this bike is still freaking huge, its heavy and slow but still fun to ride

Specialized fatboy, Trek Madone 5.5

[Apr 28, 2007]
Ken Huff

OVERALL
Strength:

fun, makes me feel like a kid again.

I'd be nice if someone could build a bike like this with top notch components, but it'd be too expensive and marketability would be vertually non-existant.

I wanted a Coker Monster cruiser after I saw it for the first time. I found a display model at a Colo Spgs bike shop and they were happy to unload it. It had been at their shop long enough for the tires to show early dry rot. The only change I made was taking of the very short cranks and small chainring and replacing them with 180's and a bigger chainring. Then I could really get that Monster up and crusing. I live in the mountains of Colorado and usually ride in areas where there is a lot of elevation to be gained. If I lived anywhere near a beach, I'd still have my monster cruiser. Heck, If I had an extra garage, I'd still have it. Loads of fun. Loads of fun.

there's nothing like it

[Nov 11, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Unique...nothing like it.

Cheap quality. Heavy.

Unique bike. 36" wheels. VERY heavy and poor quality overall though. Buy this one at a steep discount and for the novelty factor only. Had problems with the original hub I got and Coker was great about replacing it ASAP. Also both wheels I got were terribly out of true, but I was able to true them using a crescent wrench (oversized nipples). Great company to deal with, but I wish they'd have used a little better quality hubs and quality control on the bike.