DeRosa Team Frameset 2003 Road Bike

[May 18, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

paint job, responsive ride and comfort that is very acceptable.Carbon forks from Mizuno take the heat out of most surfaces.

none really just a tad heavy perhaps.

top class piece of equipment - to actually own a de rosa was an achievement, to ride one is great and this machine is brilliant. Super ride, comfy on long runs, responsive for quicker turns, not necessarily light but strong and stiff enough for me. The paint job is a gem, no horrible welds, just smooth exquisite workmanship as you would expect from this stable. All in all a truly great bike for the price.I use ultegra specced gear and a truly smart compact chainset form FSA. FSA K-wing Carbon bars ensure the ride is exceptional backed up by Mavic equipe wheels which do the job fine.

[Feb 03, 2006]
eortiz

OVERALL
Strength:

Clean finish on the joints/welds and price

Heavy

I've swithced to this bike since it was within my budget and my Pinarello Paris was too small for me (I found out after having a pro bike fit). I can only compare this to the Pinarello I had and Obviously, since the DeRosa was a bigger frame, it was a little heavier. I also find the DeRosa to be not as responsive, slow on the turns but I guess more comfortable on long rides and predictable on the downhill.

Pinarello Paris

[Aug 13, 2003]
DeRosaJ

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth Ride, Beautiful detail, Light weight, very responsive

None so far : )

I just purchsed this bike a few weeks ago and I love it. It is such an incredible, smooth ride. I always wanted a De Rosa due to the romance behind their framesets. The workmanship and detail is flawless on this bike. I chose the Team model due to price and well....price. If you are looking to get a De Rosa I would really suggest this model. It's about a mid level De Rosa but it's still nicer then most bikes out there.

Upgraded from a KHS Flight 500.... What a difference