HH Racing Group Corsa 700 2003 Road Bike

[Aug 23, 2003]
Philip Moore

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, performance, construction, aesthetics.

Not chic, supremely light or eye catching.

You might think that you need to spend a grand or more for a good steel frame, but you'd be wrong if you did. My Corsa 700 provides a stiff and resilient yet compliant ride that I love. I've owned three other steel frames: (1) a Merckx Strada O.S. (Columbus Brain); (2)a Lemond Maillot Jaune (Reynolds 853); and (3) a Colnago Master (Columbus Gilco). All of these frames retail for about twice the value of my Corsa 700, but don't provide twice the ride quality; in fact, I can't tell a difference. The paint quality is fabulous, as is the construction. Plus I have a pump peg and a chain hanger. All in all, this bike is great. One note: this bike fits folks better with long legs and short torsos, but a custom frame can be had for a nominal additional amount. I think you should buy one.

See above

[Jan 16, 2003]
Harrybike

OVERALL
Strength:

Steel....Steel is real. Well made with great paint job.

They are not well represented outside of the Philadelphia area.

For the budget concious rider this is a great steel frame from a builder who has been making world class racing bike for almost 30 years. Good road racing geometry. Comfortable for hours in the saddle. I have just ordered my third "Harry".

Serotta Atlanta, Battaglin, Colnago.