Ibex Bicycles Classic 4400 2003 Road Bike

• USER REVIEWS

[Aug 13, 2003]
    Nathan

OVERALL
    Strength:

The price for what you get.

Page 5 in the IBEX booklet. The "what it is called" page. You can't read any of the numbers. The weilding is not the smoothness I have ever seen.

A brief story of how I purchased my IBEX Classic 4400 and my review of how this bike JAMS. I was doing some research and comparison-shopping for a road bike for my first Triathaoln. In my process I came across IBEX. At first I was hesitant about buying a bike on line from a company I have never heard of. To help my fear and in trepidation I began to read every thing I could about IBEX. They seemed like a really great company and offer a great product and a very affordable price. So I contacted them, Jack was very responsive and helpful, so much so he gave me his home phone number (by accident) and we sealed the deal form his house. Since I am local, Jack arranged a warehouse pickup for me (just saved another $35.00). I got the bike home and assembled in less than the thirty minutes with no problems. My review of my IBEX Classic 4400 is that it is a very sweet ride. The Tiagra components are very responsive and maybe it just me but this bike is fast:-D I would recommend not just this bike but also this company to anyone looking for a bike with a budget.

Trek and Schwinn

[Jul 25, 2003]
    ShootScore

OVERALL
    Strength:

Workmanship, Price, Shimano Components and not to mentioned customer service! Thanks Jack.

None as of yet!

After searching and comparing bikes for the past 6 months (Trek, Cannondale, Fuji, Specialized, ect…), I came across IBEX bikes. I was apprehensive at first; being an Internet company, but my uncertainty soon developed into a trusting relationship after speaking with Jack. He took the time on many occasions to answer all my questions, which reassured me of the care IBEX gives to each of their customers. Regardless, IBEX line of road bikes is dead on; from road enthusiast to the professional, they have it. I choose the Classic 4400 because of budget concerns and when I received it, via UPS, I was pleasantly surprised. The web pictures can’t measure up to the beauty of this bike, both in craftsmanship and finish. The quality compares easily to Trek and other high-end competitors. It comes with all “name brand” components, including the 18-speed Shimano Tiagra gearing - remember I had a budget. The bottom line, if you looking for quality craftsmanship, customer service beyond expectations, solid “name brand” components (Shimano) and most of all, PRICE, then IBEX is well worth a look – it’s definitely is in your best interest to do so.

Cannondale, Fuji, Specialized, Trek