Ibex Bicycles Corrida CT 2.2 04 2003 Road Bike

• USER REVIEWS

[Aug 22, 2004]
    schwinnrider32

OVERALL
    Strength:

One of the main reasons I bought the Ibex was its full compliment of rack/fender bosses. I mounted a Topeak rack which holds a U-Lock, and now it's a ideal grocery getter. The paint quality is very good, especially the flake on my 2.2.

Ibex tried to make a general purpose bike with the 2.2, and almost succeeded. The company touts the Corrida's touring capacity, but several spec problems make me think I'd rather have a real touring bike. The fender eyelets are practically usless, due to the Tektro mini V-brakes. They do not allow fenders to be mounted either above or below the brake. A cantilever, or full sized V would be a better spec. The Alex aero rims are nice but a touring wheelset would be in order before mouning 50+ pounds of gear. The large chainring is also inappropriate for touring. Ibex would be better with a mountain crankset, or a 48Y big ring.

I bought my Corrida 2.2 when Ibex was blowing out the 2004 models. I figured for $299 I'd get the equivalent of a nice beater to use as an urban assault vehicle. The bike I received was far better than the price would suggest. The bike arrived very well packed, and 90% assembled. I had to do 30 mins of adjusting, but nothing major. The bike is relatively light, comfortable, and accelerates like a rocket. I have two other bikes but my Ibex is the one I use most of the time.

Schwinn Peloton with 105 triple Supergo Access frame with ancient STX group

[Jul 14, 2004]
    RBWPI

OVERALL
    Strength:

VALUE for your dollar. Outstanding customer service - IBEX wants to earn your business. Received the bike with a minor glitch, possibly due to rough handling in shipping. A couple of emails quickly resovled the matter to my complete satisfaction, without the all to common b.s., song and dance, blame game, etc. you receive from other businesses.

None.

Have ridden the bike for approximately 300 miles, without any problems. Everything works well and smoothly. Excellent bike for light touring with numerous eyelets for front and rear racks. Perfect entry level bike for fitness and recreational riding. Mechanics at the LBS were impressed with the value I had received for the cost. I don't think you can buy anything comprable for less than $500.

Raleigh Technium, Fuji Supreme.