Klein Bicycle Corporation Q-Pro Carbon Team 2003 Road Bike

[Jul 31, 2007]
Scott Ellenburg

OVERALL
Strength:

Very smooth, Lots of torque when you hit the peddles. Great for hills, and just a great feel underneath you.

can't find one yet.

I bought the 56CM that was suggested by another fuji rider, my first 35 mile trip with the local bike club was a first for me I finished with the 19+ guys. After the ride felt fresh, during the ride loved the feel, accelaration, great climber. Carbon frame is great for comfort and fast for the sprint to stay with the lead riders.

I rode a 25year old Batavus before this bike.

[Sep 06, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Component spec - Full DuraAce: can't go wrong. The Bontrager Race X Lite wheel site is extremely responsive.

Comes with aluminum seatpost - the shop wouldn't let me leave without the new Bontrager Carbon seatpost though.

Excellent Ride. This bike is extremely stiff and climbs very well. I occasionally hear a little noise possibly from the headset/spacers, but the ride far outperforms any other that I have been on. The wheelset rocks.

Klein Aurora? & Q-Pro, Trek 2100 & 2300, Schwinn

[Jun 12, 2003]
vb19

OVERALL
Strength:

Outstanding Frame design. Great mix of quickness, rigidity, lightness, dampening

Price.....Frame is $1800 without Klein unique headset.... a little steep. HS works well and looks really cool due to lower cup being completely recessed in head tube, but i don't like being limited to unique frame/bike parts.

Being and exracer and of larger build I wanted to move to a bike that would provide me the quickness & rigidity while climbing/sprinting and cornering but some dampening on rough roads. Steel is a great material for dampening but you tend to lose on the rigidity side. Aluminum great on the rigidity side but they can be harsh. In comes Gary Klein, Engineer and Frame designer, blending is world class Aluminum bike design with a carbon fork and and carbon wishbone rear seat stay. Results: Best of both world, bike tracks great, climbs like a mountain goat, with just enough dampening to take the edge of the rough roads......Great Job Gary!!

Gios, Grandis (Italian Steel Race bikes)with vintage Campy Record setup

[May 18, 2003]
Frode

OVERALL
Strength:

Ride quality, sitffness, weight, look

I've got the QPro Carbon Team this year after a warranty to my Quantum Pro 1999. My 1999 Qpro was a superb bike, but I must admit - this years model iss a giant step up to even bigger heights! Fantastic ride, light, stiff, comfortable and fantastic details. I reaaly can't think about any boke better than this. The bike is a 58 cm and is 7,6 kg with Dura Ace SPD-R pedals.

GT Rage Trek 5200 Klein Quantum Pro 1999

[May 17, 2003]
tenneck

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and fast. Definitely the most beautiful paint job I've seen on a bike. The paint fade on the rear carbon seat stay that gives you a hint of the weave...wow. Magical. The detailing lives up the the Klein reputation. And... you don't look like all the other Lance-o-philes on the road riding Treks.

The saddle is a little tough to live with. I'll definitely be repacing it with an anatomical saddle. The list price is a little high for the what you get over what you get with the regular Q-Pro Carbon. The non-Team model is probably a much better deal.

...I rode a Fuji Team for nearly 7 years. After putting 30,000+ miles on the poor old thing, I decided to get a new machine. Wow, it was a tough decision. There are soo many good bikes out there right now. Its the best I've seen the road bike market since Greg LeMond and Andy Hampsten were winning in the 80's. Thanks, Lance, Tyler, George, Tom and company! :) Anyhow, I was interested in the Regular Q-Pro Carbon but the only bike they had in stock in my size to take out and ride was the Team. I immediately feel in love. I'm a big rider at 6' 2" and 200lbs, but this thing made me feel like a mountain goat. It is super light, super comfortable, handles like a dream, and accelerates the moment you stomp the pedals. This is a true dream machine. It felt much better than the Trek 5500 I test rode.

Trek 5200 Fuji Team Cannondale R2000

[Jan 31, 2003]
Thomas Runyan

OVERALL
Strength:

Quick to respond, extremely light and stiff for climbing. It is much more forgiving than other aluminum bikes I have riden however it is more lively than my Trek 5200.

The San Marco carbon seat is stiff, not sure if I will replace it with a Terry which I normally prefer.

I tried for months to order this bike due to Klein moving its factory. As soon as Klein started taking orders this year I ordered my custom Nightstorm Q carbon pro team. It is absolutely the best looking bike I have ever seen. The attention to detail if fantastic and bike rides like a dream. We weighed the bike with Zepp bars and stem, Thompson seat post upgrades and it barely tipped the scales at slightly over 16 lbs.

Trek 5200