Litespeed Tuscany Dura-Ace 2003 Road Bike

[Sep 21, 2011]
bdp

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything.

Been on this one since Dec '03. Bar none best bike I've ever ridden. Love the feel and handling. Tough. Smooth. Good for daily commute, century ride, casual tour or road race.

[Jul 29, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort for long rides, Handling is great on all facets. Great road race tool. It's not an Ultimate(way different race geometry) or Vortex(similar geometry, different material, stiffer, more $). Great do it all bike. Centuries and short fast stuff will be great for this. I'd hate to be denting up this bike in Crits, it's too pretty. I'd buy a Cannondale Optimo or similar for that.

Might be a bit flexy for the Crit circuit. If that's for, you buy a crit bike that will beat you up but be stiffer in the BB etc. Maybee Aluminum or a stiff Carbon. The Aluminum will be cheaper but abuse the boys. The Carbon might be comparable in ride and be stiffer in the BB, but probably more $. Only complaint would be the decals long term wear. I hear you can buy replacements. If i really cared i could have ordered a painted bike. They look sweet.

I bought a 2003 Tuscany to replace an Arenberg of the same size, 59cm. The 2002 Arenberg was Ultrega/Spinergy SR3 equipped. I was happy with the Arenberg on most aspects. The ride was smooth and the handling was acceptable. The only thing i felt was that the frame was a bit flexy. I weigh 175 and under load or in high speed descents the headtube or under load the BB would give a bit. This might have been the wheels a bit also. I tool advantage of the trade in program and picked up the Tuscany with 9spd DuraAce, and Ksyrium SL wheels. The Tuscany is definately more rigid. It has noticably less headtube shimmy and has a stiffer BB. One factor might be the wheels. They are definately more stiff and substantially lighter and spin up quicker. The Tuscany frame has more frame shaping and larger diameter tubing. It also has a shorter chaistay, by .5cm and that makes a difference in handling. It's quicker handling especially at slower speeds. Think Audi A4 vs. A6, one is just more sporty. Both are comfortable for the long haul and quick enough to satisfy the sporty needs.

Litespeed Arenberg, Cervelo Dual

[Apr 17, 2003]
goomba

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything

I was training for most of the winter and spring on my old Trek 1000 until my bikes from Litespeed came in. Tuscany full dura ace-super sweet!

Litespeed Arenburg, Gt 1.0

[Mar 04, 2003]
speedlite

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast as a rocket, agile, but also very comfortably

None so far

I was searching for a roadbike which is light but durable, fast but comfortable, agile but also good for long rides. So titanium was the material of choice. First I looked for a Colnago CT1, but quality aspects, the questionable Carbon B-Stay and poor warranty led me to a pure titanium product and who else than Litespeed (or Merlin) stands for such an outstanding worksmanship!I waited 10 weeks for the frame and at the end it came without the Ouzo Fork because Reynolds couldn’t deliver. My local dealer suggested a Mizuno Fork with alloy steerer and first I was sceptical, but now after my first trips I’m happy about the plus in security and do no longer worry about some 100 grams of additional weight.The frame itself (and of course the complete bike) exceeds all my expectations by far. It is fast like hell, corners like a predator cat and is so comfortable, that first I thought they must have put new tarmac on all the roads I took. Craftsmanship is excellent and nothing less. I still love italian bikes especially the deRosas and Colnagos, but I’m afraid they will never reach the level of excellence that litespeed performs!Buy this frame, you will never regret!

Kinesis Frame w. Ultegra, Mavic Cosmic Elite Wheels