Look KG 461 2003 Road Bike

[Jun 28, 2010]
alfa011

OVERALL
Strength:

Relatively light, comfortable, stiff enough for my needs.

None. Wish it was red instead of blue. But it was only available in blue. Still, very nice blue color.

My first carbon bike. Bought the frame @ eBay. Amazed how smooth it is. I normally use a 51-52cm frame but bought it in 53cm and works anf feels like a gem. Can be riding it for hours. Traditional geometry. With all the Look carbon components looks beautiful. Take a "look" of it on Velospace.org as: "La Vie Est Bleu" ( http://velospace.org/node/25515 )

Have not had a carbon bike before. My next one will be a BMC SLT01. Frame safely tucked under my bed waiting for my available time to assemble it.

[Mar 03, 2010]
Jimmy nix

OVERALL
Strength:

All around good bike , climbing sprinting this bike has it all.

Had this bike for 8 years , just picked up another one just like so i know own 3.

pinarelo prince and look 585 which I still use as my climbing bike.

[Dec 06, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

vibration damping, good stiffness.

none so far--other than a bit heavy by today's standards.

Nice comfortable ride. Great for uphills, and relatively light. I blew by hundreds in my 2nd tri!

[Oct 11, 2006]
christian_deverteuil

OVERALL
Strength:

1-price
2-stiffness
3-descending
4-looks

only weakness is that it is a bit heavy, but with the right components you can make it acceptably light. hey, its lighter thatn the de rosa tango, another bike i love dearly....wish i had one.

sweet ride. super stiff. soaks up the road bumps well. it excels at descending. on tough climbs i just bide my time till i get to the top, then all i have to do is release my brakes for the downhill section. i literally pass other riders on their fancy expensive rides as if they were standing still.
well made and good looking.

[Jul 04, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth ride, good responsiveness, HSC 4 fork, nice paintjob, seat post clamp that is built inside the top tube and cancels carbon seat post sliding problems

Oh and a that's a really bargain one

Weight - 1450 grams at 55cm sloping size

That's my first full carbon bike, I bought this frameset separately to replace a broken Merida Magnesium frame. I wasn't planning that kind of purchase (thought that carbon rig would blast of my wallet) till my lbs found this one for me.. Gotta say I'm pretty lucky as Look doesn't offer this model any more (I didn't get to choose color etc).

My very first feelings about Look are pretty easy to describe - smoooooth. Now, after one year on a maximum stiff and harsh frame (Merida Mag) I did not realize how soakin' up the road vibs gets riding to another level. But Look's no lemon at all - he's comfy when you need him to be, being so responsive and 'cooperative' at the same time. I appreciate kinda shorten rear triangle and the HSC 4 fork with (I think) 43mm rake - well, at leat it feels like 43mm.. Only thingy disadvantage is the head tube - now what's all that fuss bout making longish head tubes about anyway? Why don't the manufacturers let us decide if some of us like it low?

Besides all that - climbing is cool, accelerating is OK, and it really works for a whole-day-in-the-saddle-thingy

Nothing - this is my first full carbon

[Jun 21, 2006]
Martin Scott

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, stiffness and value. Very well made frame, puts some of its carbon competitors to shame

Discontinued!

Top class intro to carbon

[Oct 26, 2005]
terkonekto

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything. The look of it and the ride.

NONE

I love this bike. Talk about being comfortable and stiff at the same time. This bike is so smooth and can get up and go when you want it too. Bike can also climb like the dickens (too bad I can't). Bottom line - it rides like a frame twice it's price. Sad to see that LOOK is discountinuing for 2006.

Orbea Fuji

[Apr 26, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Relatively inexpensive; beautiful finish; comfortable; responsive; good climber

None except it shows off how unfit I really am!

This is my first carbon bike and I have no complaints at all. It's stiff and yet comfortable. It soaks up the road bumps and dances along beautifully. It accelerates well and climbs fast. Downhill it is as steady as a rock, and the steering feels 100% secure with no wobble at all. The finish is beautiful too. Mine is in the blue/white/naked carbon finish. The price is reasonable for a first carbon, and as long as you aren't bothered about a few grams, it's good vfm compared to the other Look frames available.

[Nov 17, 2004]
todibble

OVERALL
Strength:

stiffness, price, internal cable routing, carbon w/aluminum

weight (pretty heavy for Look and for carbon in general)

This bike is sweet. It is super stiff and responsive. It climbs like a dream. I love the internal cable routing for the rear brake, it makes the bike so clean and you never realize how annoying that cable is when you pick up the bike. I have put in about 2000 miles on the bike and have no complaints whatsoever.

Tested: everything at the shop where i work (trek, litespeed, specialized, cannondale...we dont sell look...)

[Oct 24, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, responive,and comfortable at a reasonable price

A little sketchy on screaming downhills. But take into consideration that I weigh 200lbs. WARRANTY. I put a hairline crack in the top of the fork steerer tube. Look's distibutor hasn't exactly rushed to get a replacement out to me.

I have ridden nothing but steel frames for the past 12 year and thought that I would give carbon a try. This bike accelerates like a rocket compared to my steel frames and is as comfortable if not more. The steering is extremely responsive, too responsive at high speed(45+).on most downhills it just plain goes where you point it. The bike is four pounds lighter than my previous steel bike and have gotten a little rattled on some high speed and windy downhills. This is something that I have never experienced before and took some getting used to. Overall it is a great bike.

Torelli OS Exress w/Campy Chorus