Merlin Metalworks Inc. Extralight Record 2003 Road Bike

[Apr 05, 2004]
ptanau

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth ride Light weight Great build quality

Expensive

I bought this after 7 years on my custom built steel bike and have been thoroughly satisfied. It was expensive but the improvement has been incredible. It is light, has a smooth ride and the campy group set works flawlessly. I definately make the same choice again. Not the bike for a criterium but perfect for centuries and more

Custom Columbus Nemo (steel), Avanti (aluminum)

[Apr 24, 2003]
Mark

OVERALL
Strength:

Predictable handling, good acceleration and great decending and climbing

This is the best frame I have ever ridden. I have been riding and racing bicycles since 1970 and have ridden steel, aluminum and carbon. Resilient and stiff.

Trek OCLV, Trek Aluminum, Atala Record, Austro Daimler, Tesch 101, Schwinn Paramount

[Mar 31, 2003]
blaster1

OVERALL
Strength:

Ride quality and comfort. A really fast ride.

Nothing

Great frame which is a nice compromise in terms of weight, stiffness and ride quality. Great for long rides and races. The lateral stiffness is average - on par with a lightweight steel frame and definitely more flexy than aluminium. However, this is largely true for all Ti frames and I knew this going into the purchase so I am not disappointed. It was my first time on Titanium and I wasn't disappointed. It rode so smoothly, climbed brilliantly, accelerated quickly and just soaked up all the bumps really well. I road a Cannondale CAAD 7 and definately preferred the Extralight.