Sampson Sports Inc. z11 Chorus 2003 Road Bike

[Mar 17, 2003]
mlarson

OVERALL
Strength:

Probably the nicest thing about this bike is the ride--smooth, tracks beautifully over bumps, comfortable all day. All components are top-quality. I had mine painted translucent blue, and it's an excellent paint job that really shines in the sun.

The wait on a Z11 was over two months (a painful wait), but that may have lessened now. Also, unless you go to Colorado you will have to purchase it without riding one, which is a bit nervewracking but worked out well for me. The Kestrel carbon handlebars are a little flexy, which is alright for me since I don't race and I want some comfort, but it could be a problem for those big sprints.

I'm actually writing this about the 2002 Z11, which was delivered to me last September. As Eric Sampson promised, it is smooth riding (carbon seat stays may seem unecessary on a TI bike, but whatever they're doing the ride is excellent), stiff where it counts, and a good-looking bike. Eric helps everyone through the purchasing process himself, and he is wonderful to work with--no hard sell, plus plenty of good advice. He may even steer you away from higher priced options if he doesn't think they'll work for you. He threw in Campy Record levers and upgraded me to Mavic Ksyrium Elite's as well. This bike was an excellent deal for a carbon/TI frame with Campy Chorus (and those excellent Record levers).