Sci-Con Vortex 480 Bike Bags

• Round geometry with saddle shape design
  • Carbon Fibre & Cordura Dupont fabric material
  • Zipper 6,4 spiral. Strong and durably
  • ABS body structure retains its shape
  • Specs and capacity label

[Dec 17, 2012]
Squrkey

OVERALL
Strength:

Bag looks nice, is light and areo, stays out of the way, but the grommets mounting the plastic to the bag is total dog crap!

The grommets attaching the bag to the mounting surface popped through the weak crappy plastic they use. Manufacturing defect from hell!!!!

Dont buy any of thier crappy bags as they all use the weak plastic crap groments that will pop through if you ride over any rough surface. This is a great bag with a crappy bag to mounting surface attachment.

I feel extra stupid becasue I lost a bag, an expensive cygolight, a multi-too and tube, basically I flushed 100 bucks down the crapper.

I hope they refund my money.

[Jul 18, 2011]
Jay

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice concept.

Poor execution on attachment system

I bought this Sci-Con bag after some favorable reviews on other sites. I own a Fizik saddle and read UN-favorable reviews on their clip system, so I hoped that this bag would be better.
I only installed the bag. The concept is great, execution not so good. The clamp just would NOT tighten securely, and even IF id did, the bag (using a bayonet type attachment to the clip) does not seem at all secure to the clip. Even IF it stayed attached, it would rattle so much, that it would be very annoying!
Bag itself looks really nice, but you have to try real hard to get a CO2 inflater, a couple of small tubes, and one spare road tube into it.
Bottom line, I returned it for a refund.