Thule Prologue Bike Rack

Best Price At
Available At

Tote your ride to and from the trailhead without breaking the bank thanks to the Thule Prologue Bike Mount.

[Jul 15, 2012]
Daquester

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap to purchase and adapts to road bike easily.

Very unstable over 60mph. Mounting brackets are inadequate. Head Assembly made of weak material.

Purchased product because it was inexpensive. I mounted it to VW Passat. First time out with product traveling from GA to NY, I observed through the sunroof that my bike was rocking side to side. I was going 70mph which was the speed limit. I pulled over and checked the security of the rack. I tried to tighten the head assembly to the bars and u bolt was as tight as possible (I am very mechanically inclined). I stopped at a walmart along the way and purchased a ratchet strap. I was able to secure the bike by connecting the strap from the handlebars directly to the crossbar. I had to be very careful not to put too much pressure on the carbon frame. No more problems. When I arrived in NY I removed the Prologue from the rack. A piece of the front hole of the Head Assembly where the u bolt passes through fell out. Thule customer service also is very poor. You have to continually call to get problems rectified.