Garmin Edge 200 GPS

Available At

Garmin Edge 200 Cyclometer. Bring new life to every ride with Edge 200. It uses GPS to track your time, distance, speed and the path you traveled. Edge 200 is easy to use and no setup is required.

[Jul 23, 2013]
bigjohnla

OVERALL
Strength:

Very easy to use. Easy to read display.

Screen is a little small for navigation

The Garmin 200 is a nice little gadget to log mileage with. It is probably not the choice if you need turn by turn directions. But, for accurate tracking of mileage, speeds, elevation and calories it is perfect for me. The device does not support a heart rate monitor so the calories burned is done by a formula based on your weight. It may not be quite as accurate as higher priced models but it is acurate enough for my purposes. It has a virtual rider function that allows you to set a desired pace you would like to maintain. It gives you a constant update on time ahead or behind pace. It also has the ability to set alerts for both mileage and time intervals. I use this function as a reminder to drink during long rides. The best function is the abilty to download your ride to the Garmin Connect site. Garmin Connect allows you to review your rides, log comments, etc. It is extremely usfeul .The navigation works well but it only shows a very small portion of the route. You can upload pre made routes to the 200. I have only used this function once and found it of limited value to me.

My first GPS, I have used magnet based Cyclocomputers in the past.

[Aug 14, 2012]
scrubs

OVERALL
Strength:

No wires, reliably records speed.

I am perplexed that in ride mode this computer does not display the clock. In fact, you have to end your current ride to view the clock. I find this rather odd in a computer designed at the more recreational cyclist. The cost for the company to include this on the main page would be miniscule.

I need a clock on my bike computer, so I have return it for a standard bike computer.
Buy this computer if you don't need to know the time or are happy to wear a watch whilst riding.

[Feb 11, 2012]
Brad

OVERALL
Strength:

Highly dependable

Love it!