NiteRider MiNewt 300 USB Lights

The MiNewt.Mini has become one ofThe most popular high-powered lightingsystems ever offered. For 2012The Mini USB Plus gets evenbetter,The Mini.300 now generates an amazing 300 lumens!The Mini’s battery can becharged via a wall outlet or USB power, providingThe ultimate incharging flexibility and with a headlamp weighing a scant 65gThe MinimakesThe perfect helmet mounted light. 300 lumens! 3 light levels plus flash modeTotal system weight 175 grams Includes LED lamp, handlebar mount, helme

[Feb 24, 2012]
alem1583

OVERALL
Strength:

Great for night commuting. Easy to remove from bars. Also works well in tandem with any reasonably powerful light source in my bars.

A somewhat awkward transition from a bar mount to a helmet mount.

During the fall I bought this light for night commuting, I have been using it daily since. The separate battery pack (with velcro straps) is ideal - I can take the battery into my office to charge and be ready. The 100 lumen setting is more than enough for me on the road. I do love having the choice between different beam strengths.

With the helmet mounting I am able to use this light in conjunction a with handlebar lighting. In the woods I can see very easily on the 300 lumen setting. So far it has beem reliable, as well as versatility.

[Feb 17, 2012]
Anaerobic One

OVERALL
Strength:

Super bright beam with large halo, illuminates better than any light I see on any other bikes. Clips to drop ends or bar tops.
Made in U.S.A.

Has a strobe feature that's only good for extended battery life claims, giving seizures and annoying motorists.

Perfect light to put on the drop ends and still have room for your hand while able to direct light where ever you need it to be. The mount can rotate 360 degrees locking the light into any position. Super bright and two slightly dimmer modes for when you need to see and when you want to save battery. Pointed straight down it forces you to be seen from any direction. Easily charges with AC or USB. Priced in the same range of equal lights.
Nice to see a great light still made in the U.S.A.! Just like my first Nite Rider that still works 20 years later.