Kryptonite Kryptoflex Cable Locks

The Kryptonite Kyrptoflex Cable Lock is available in many different sizes. Item Specifications Lock Style Not included Lock Size 4 x 10mm Bracket Incuded no

[Sep 27, 2014]
NevKev

Worthless and weak

Some one cut through the cable after 1 or more attempts over night and stole 2 bicycles. Looking back its scary thought that I used to use this cable to lock up an ATV.

[May 04, 2011]
shimshy21

OVERALL
Strength:

weeeeeeeeek

very weak

i was fuled
i bought this KryptoFlex® 1004 Looped Cable 4' and my bike was stolen the cable was cut in no time .... (worth $900.00)
do not buy this
i try to call the compeny thay hung up the phone on me Disgusting !!!!

no dont buy it

[Jun 26, 2009]
Brian

VERY EASY TO CUT THROUGH

I use a GIANT heavy duty galvanized chain for my frame and back wheel, but used this cable for my front wheel. Last night in Manhattan, someone cut right through this cable, took half of it, but left my quick release wheel intact (I WAS VERY LUCKY). It was only in the store for about 20 minutes, so it would seem this cable won't offer much protection for your front wheel. I would go with a u-lock between the front wheel and frame instead.

[Aug 06, 2008]
Richard

OVERALL
Strength:

Kept my bike from being taken. The theives managed to cut through 2/3 before being cased off but I think proffesionals would have had it. Can be used to protect the wheels.

Not to be trusted alone. As the add says use a U-bolt lock in addition.

I'm thankful I still have a bike! Sorry to all the great individuals who are riding their bikes. I'm heading out to get another cable just like this one and a strong U-bolt lock.

[Aug 01, 2008]
B. Traylor

OVERALL

Lost more than our bikes. Lost the whole trailer. This cable is a piece.Do not trust it for anything but your dog leash it might just work for that purpose.

[Jul 11, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

Works nicely with the U Lock to secure the bike seat/wheels.

Easy to cut.

I agree with the other reviewers! DO NOT trust this cable. I found mine cut and bike seat stolen. From the clean cut on the cable, the fact that the bike was locked in a bike rack with a lot of other bikes, and that it was done in the middle of the day in a high traffic downtown area, it seems it was cut very easily!
Now I'm looking for a Pinheads Lock for the bike seat... after I buy a new seat.

[Dec 08, 2007]
Sharkbaby

Strength:

Too easy to cut. I lost two bikes worth over $3000 in probably less than 5 minutes.

I bought this cable a week ago and both my expensive road bikes were stolen this morning. The cable was easily cut probably with bolt cutters. I am so mad, I thought I was getting a good product (my local bike shop recommended it) and now I don't have a bike. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!

[Jul 11, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

The price was good, but now I need a new bike.

To easy to cut.

I purchased a kryptoflex 4" lock for my bike in the beginning of 06/2005. One month later my bike was stolen from the bike rack INSIDE of my apartment building. The lock offered no real protection and was probably taken my casual thieves/kids.

[Jun 12, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Deters casual thieves

no real resistance to even BASIC hand tools. Looks like it was done with wire cutters...

I don't know how upset I should be, I used the Kryptoflex for over 10 years.. Haven't lost my bike yet. On the other hand, I just came home today and found the cable lying in 2 pieces on either side of the bike. I don't get it, they didn't steal the bike, just cut the cable... I have the same cable for my NICE bike - although I hardly ever leave that outside, I don't feel I can trust this product any longer!