Topeak Explorer Rack (Fits MTX Bags) Racks/Panniers

Best Price At

Topeak Explorer MTX Rack that fits non-Disc Brake Bikes. Includes top mounted spring. Designed for the tough world of mountain biking. The MTX is great for mountain bike touring with a full-suspension rig. It features a new universal deck design for mou

[Feb 11, 2014]
MBIGGS

OVERALL
Strength:

Fantastic platform for easy on/easy off with the MTX bag. Sturdy--has stood up to years of use.

None that I can think of.

The Topeak Explorer is an affordable rack that is designed to work with the MTX bag system. Just slide the trunk bag on the rails and it clicks to engage. Press a button to release and slide backwars to remove.
I can't speak for it's usefulness with other pannier systems because this has been the only way I've used it, but it seems like it would function well.
The construction is very sturdy. All the welds are cleanly finnished and have stood up to the test of time.
I've been using this system on and off for 4 years to commute 30 miles round-trip in the Bay Area.
With a family of five I'm a budget-driven consumer, and this rack mounted on my Dawes Lightning 1200 has served me very well without requiring a large investment.