Feedback Sports BRS-80RT Workstands

Introduced 17 years ago,The Pro-Classic isTheTime proven workhorse inThe Feedback Sports line-up. FeaturingThe award-winning Slide-Lockclamp with quarter-turn open/close action,The Pro-Classic hasan adjustable work height from 42"- 71" andThe clutch allows360° rotation ofThe bike without clamp readjustment.ThesolidTripod configuration holds upTo 85 lbs. on flat or unevensurfaces.Two point contact rubber foot caps enhance grip.Anodized aluminumTubing will not rust. Best of MTBR winner - 2008

[Nov 18, 2008]

OVERALL

Got it from Backcountry.com with the bag for $183.99 with free shipping --> Look for coupons!

This is the ultimate stand for the DIY or pro mechanic. The tripod base is sturdy enough for my heavy mountain bike and the stand has a lot of vertical adjustment if you want to sit or stand while working. The quick release tube/seatpost clamp makes pulling out the bike a piece of cake and holds it firm enough for cranking down those 8mm crank bolts. Contrary to other reviews, it really takes a good pop to knock the bike lose on the quick release so I don't think you will do this by accident. It fits nicely in the carry bag and is about 6"x6"x4' when folded. The best part is that it's super light. I wouldn't mind taking this to races and setting up camp for the warmup/cooldown and last minute repair work. The pro stand is a great price and heavy duty, yet still not heavy enough to give you an upper body workout.

[Aug 05, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

Very stable with a little creaking. Adjustability is great and easy to do. Can put it up and not have to bend over.

Hight adjusting clamp was not tight enough had to tighten clamp bolt that had too much locktite on it. Rubber coated clamp, that holds bike, is cracking off and exposing metal that could scratch frame. Put inner tube over it. Easy sliding clamp opens easy but have to turn it many revolutions to close it up. Expected higher quality than this for the price. Customer service has been good though.

The BRS-80R is a great repair stand with a few quality control issues. Light yet sturdy and simple design. Lets you get the bike where you want it with out bending over. Great for cleaning outside no, parts to rust. The sliding frame clamp opens with a pull but would be nice if it would close up the same way. The rubber coated clamp that holds the frame the rubber has begun to crack off exposing bare metal not good for the frame. I put an old tube over it. The hight adjusting clamp on the upright tube would slip with the bike up. I called Ultimate and they were nice about it. Had to tighten up the clamp bolt that had locktite on it. Works very well in spite of quality issues.

[Feb 18, 2008]
rghat

OVERALL
Strength:

Stability, adjustability, strength, compact storage, clean looks and operation.

Bike clamp is a little clumsy.

Great stand. Stable, extremely adjustable, smooth functionality and great height for working. I'm 6'3" and can easily work on all parts of my bike without discomfort from bending over. Makes working on my bike pleasurable when I'd rather be riding.

Old park stand.

[May 21, 2007]
John Pierce

OVERALL
Strength:

Very easy to set up. Very stable. Folds up easily for storage.

Quick-slide clamp doesn't slide doesn't always slide that easily.

A great repair stand! If you don't have one, get one and you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. Makes all bike maintenance and repair work much easier.

Performance Quickstand

[Sep 03, 2004]
cinbau

OVERALL
Strength:

see review

none to date (that is over 6 years)

Best stand you could have at you home. Compact enough to take to any race. Easy to use. Long lasting.

Parks consumer stand, Park shop stands, tree branchs, roof rack, anything I could prop a bike on

[Jul 26, 2004]
Trouble

OVERALL
Strength:

First let me say Brett at Ultimate Support Systems is awesome. The quick releases and adjustability. Customer Service is numero uno.

When you have it all stretched out there is some creaking. Brett at USS told me to put a drop or two of Triflow between the black telescoping collar thing and the bottom pole and if you need to give bolt on the lock-lever a quarter turn. Problem solved.

Set up is quick and easy. Large hand knob easy to adjust clamp arm. The slidelock clamp makes it easy to load the bike with one hand while holding the bike with the other. Spread the legs all the way down with your bike directly over one of them and it's pretty stable if you get to wrenchin on it. If you lower the leggs half way and keep the center post in half way, you can get some serious height and fairly stable. I was way close to buying one of three Parks and I'm glad I didn't. The bag is awesome. I'm working on my bike all the time now, the way it should be. I should have bought a stand a long time ago, but I'm glad I waited for the 04 Pro. Performance doesn't have them with the storage bag and Kimberly Isner at Performance customer service is worthless. Never returned my calls or took care of me. Way too many places on the internet to put up with that. My last purchase from Performance. I would recommend Beyond Bikes @ beyondbikes.com great prices.

Cargo straps suspended from the rafters or a tree limb. Still works great when washing the bike.

[Feb 09, 2004]
TSpinner

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy setup and breakdown. Extremely well made Clamp system adapts easily to any tubing Piece of cake to adjust bike height and angle for optimum working stance Storage bag is well made and fits great Super stable - this stand won't tip on you Looks good - very professional

None. My stand squeaks slightly when pushed sideways. I have emailed Ultimate about this and will probably have an answer back from Ultimate tomorrow!!! What a company! I am also waiting for the new repair stand tray (not the tool box)that is supposed to be on the market any day. That will make this stand an A+++ instead of A++.

Straight out of the box, I was impressed. The solid, well finished (red) aluminum tubes were larger than I expected. The clamps work flawlessly and it is incredibly easy to set up and collapse. It is a joy to use such a well thought-out product that shows such thorough engineering. This sucker can easily hold my bike without a hint of problems. I'm not sure why an earlier reviewer couldn't keep his bike from rotating on the stand. If you have a decent grip, you should easily be able to tighten the twist knob so that the bike won't rotate. By the way, the clamp is ingenious. I love the clutch system that allows one handed operation. I researched every stand on the market before I bought this thing, and I'm glad I did. I was about to buy the Park PCS-1 and then decided on the Park PCS-4, until I found this stand on the internet. Park makes great stands, but this one outshines them. I own a lot of Park tools and love their quality. In fact, Park's website "repair section" is worth taking a look. Anyway, this stand is "IT"!!! Get one. You will love it!!!

Park PCS1 and PCS4 and a no-name cradle

[Jun 19, 2003]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Strength, quickness, stability, clamp, adjustability.

I looked at this stand after reading the review in VeloNews. They gave it all 10's, and so do I. It is super stable, even with a 66cm Schwinn on it, very adjustable, and easy to fold up/unfold. The clamp is really cool with how it will slide up to the tube, then can be adjusted delicately with the tension knob. Supergo offers it for $189 usually, but I found it for $145 for the Father's Day sale. It's worth the $229 retail.

[May 16, 2003]
nacnac3

OVERALL
Strength:

Big tubing, super stable, great retention system.

Takes up a fair amount of space..minor but should be noted.

Great stand. Super stable and very well built. I ride a size 60cm frame and this stand has never even hinted and tipping over. The storage bag is a nice touch. Much cheaper that the top Park stand but easily matches quality.

[Apr 14, 2003]
skarsholt

OVERALL
Strength:

Adjustable height; folds down to a very reasonable size for storing or transporting; spin clamp is precise enough to use on any material with caution; tripod design is very stable.

Spinning clamp mech is not as fast as a lever-type. Height adjust sometimes slips. Needs a more secure locking mech.

I have have worked with many stands both personally and professionally, mostly with Park Tool's stands. I've used floor mounts, free standing and even double Parks but there is absolultely no substitute for the adjustable height of the Ultimate stand. It is incredibly simple to get the bike at the height you want as opposed to the height that some stands force you to be at. The tripod design is more stable than any consumer stand that I've tried. I am not afraid to use the clamp on my carbo-fibre frame as it is infinitly adjustable though I am careful not to over-tighten. I really have never used a stand that is this good overall. It is to slow to use for a professional but for the consumer, it is the best choice.

All versions of Park professional and consumer, Minoura.