Feedback Sports Sport Mechanic Workstands

Best Price At
Available At
Available At

The perfect blend of durability, function and value, the Sport Mechanic is one of Feedbacks most popular repair stands. The stand is height adjustable from 42"- 65". Reliable spinner-knob clamp securely holds bike in position and the clutch...

[Aug 11, 2015]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Very easy to set up and move around. Very stable base. Easy to use

Won't hold bikes more than about 15kg at some angles. Not very tolerant of non-round tube shapes.

I was really impressed with this stand while using it with the road bikes in our household. As soon as I started working on the mountain bikes though, I had trouble.

No matter how tight I did the clamp up the front wheel of the bike would drop until it touched the ground. Once this happened a few times the slippage got worse and eventually it would no longer support even the road bikes. I did some research and found the problem was a common one.

Another thing to consider is the clamp is very good round tubes and especially the standard seat posts. One of my bikes is a Giant TCR and because of the aero seat post, seat tube and flattened top tube, there was no way this stand could hold it.

I ended up returning it and getting a Park Tool PCS10 which isn't perfect either but more than adequate and is holding up well.

Park Tool PCS 10

[Apr 30, 2013]
FeltF75rider

OVERALL
Strength:

This stand is well built, very beefy and strong. Its very stable and adjustable for any of my needs. I like the ability to turn the clamp down by hand to get a feel for how much pressure is being applied to my carbon seat post.

The large wheel clamp is kind of odd. I have no issue with getting it tight, it just seems strange.

This stand should last a very long time. I can not imagine needing any thing more in my garage. I am able to perform any task I need to maintain my stable and the price is right in line with what I had budgeted for this. I am pleased with this purchase and would recommend it to any one wanting a good work stand for home.