Shimano 105 BR-5600 Brake Calipers

OUTLET ITEM Note* This item was slightly used. There is a small scratch across the "105" decal located on the front of the brake. The 105 BR5600-L Dual-Pivot brake design is a lightweight, compact and durable braking system provides...

[Mar 14, 2009]
Brian Aslett

OVERALL
Strength:

Powerful.
easy to modulate.
Consistent braking.
Long lasting brake pads.
Look good.

I bought these brakes because I wasn't happy with the Tekro brakes fitted as original equipment. It's like chalk & cheese! They look very similar & weigh the same but that's the only similarity! The Shimanos are superb. Powerful, easy to modulate and totally effective. As a bonus the brake pads seem to last much longer.
They make riding in the wet tolerable rather than being a nightmare.

Tekro

[Jul 12, 2008]
saintsfan342000

OVERALL
Strength:

-They do exactly what brakes should.

None. Some people might knock them for being heavier than Ultegra or DA brakes, but that's ludicrous. If weight matters to you, then don't buy brakes that you know are heavier than others.

I got nothin' to compare these breaks to, but I have read and heard plenty of stories about brakes not having any good stopping power. People often speak like this about stock breaks on a bike when said brakes are a house brand, or non-branded breaks. These 105's however, work excellently. I never doubt that they'll bring me to a stop or slow me down in a pinch.

I do a ride twice a week that goes down one of Austin's more notorious hills (Adirondack Trail). At the very bottom of this decent is a stopsign, one that you really do need to stop at. It's never a problem. I've slowly applied the brakes the whole way down, and I've flown down and not braked until the very end. Either way, they work great.

None...being that this C'dale is my first road bike and I am still using these stock brakes, I have nothing to compare it to...so take my vote of 5 as simply a statement of my utter and complete confidence in these brakes' ability to bring be to a complete stop every time I might need them to do so.

[Jul 18, 2007]
ejprez

OVERALL
Strength:

Great stopping power

They are not Dura ace, if any.

Great brakes for the price, I've used the Dura ace 7800 and Sram Force, and these 105 work great. If you are not interested in weight and a little less svelte looking, compared to dura ace, then these breaks will be great for you. They came on my TT bike, work smooth and are powerful, and still look good. Just can't go wrong with Shimano.

Dura Ace, Sram Force, 6500 ultegra

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.