TekTro R530 Road Brakes 2009 Brake Calipers

Light Aluminum Quick Release Mechanism with P420 Adjustable Angle Cartridge Pads...

[May 29, 2011]
Tom Rudey

OVERALL
Strength:

spring load release is strong and firm, color/finish very nice, and even engagement on rim

maybe better pads but the ones that came with it work fine so far. As wet as it's been this spring up here, I proabably should swap them for some Cool Stop combos but it was damp out yesterday on my ride and they perormed just fine. Also, they're a bit heavy but I'll just eat a few less Wheaties to compensate.

Granted I've only ridden them a couple of times since installation and there have been no screaming downhill descents, but the pull on them is even, the release springs do well and the initial set-up/adjustments were very easy. I was particularly pleased with the spring return firmness. None of that annoying movement of the assembly after release causing them to hang up a pad on one side or other of the rims. For the price they are reasonable and come in black (my color) silver and white finish. I actually paid too much at my LBS (you can get them on-line in the low $40's. They were an upgrade from the ones that came on my OCR2 and I think I be liken them more and more!