SwissStop Yellow King Brake Pads

SwissStop Yellow King brake pads deliver more than just great stopping power. They provide superior modulation and feel on carbon braking surfaces.

[Mar 21, 2013]
jmitro

OVERALL
Strength:

fancy yellow color

expensive
terrible modulation
terrible braking performance

These are the recommended pads for my Easton EC90 carbon tubular and carbon clincher rims. The performance is marginally better than terrible; especially after 700+ miles of breaking in, the torque and modulation diminished with use. Braking was especially bad (close to dangerous) in the wet. On 40+mph descents they eventually glazed over and I had to scuff them up.
If not improved after scuffing, they will be replaced by pads that actually stop my bicycle, not just the pads "approved" by Easton

[Sep 20, 2009]
ward

OVERALL
Strength:

Crazy strong on Carbon rims

Not cheap

I purchased these because I needed one set of pads for both my aluminum rim and my carbon rim wheelsets. Also, I wasn't happy with the cork pads that I purchased from Corima.

Man, these are awesome. With the Carbon wheels they stop crazy fast and yet you can still modulate well. On the aluminum rims not as strong but still as good as my koolstops. Not much wear after 2000 miles