Rudy Project Project Kerosene Eyewear

Engineered from raw applied science and technology, the Kerosene offers total adjustability and control over all parameters of the sunglass. In addition, the lenses are interchangeable. We believe the Kerosene to be the most advanced sunglass on the market for athletes. Weight 1.25oz

[Jul 04, 2016]
Joleen

OVERALL
Strength:

One of the best frames. Easy switching lenses.

We moved to our new house and my Kerosene frames have been misplaced. I have four different lenses for this frame. I was hoping that somebody may want to sell their frames. Please contact me be email, [email protected]

[Jun 06, 2006]
Marcus75

OVERALL
Strength:

You can interchange with different colors. You can also pull the lens for a little vent to keep your eyes moist. Noice piece is very adjustable. Doesn't fog up.

Its heavy especially compare to my specialize Chicane Eyewear? I already got lots of scratches on my lens?

I was looking for a light weight road specific eyewear. I bought this because they looked pretty cool. Its on the heavy side sometimes I have to readjust the nose piece. The interchangeable and ventable lens are a nice tough? I already got scatches on my lens. But I heard that I can replace them with a small S+H fee? Overall I do like this frame although its too heavy for road specific glasses.

Cheapo Sunglasses?

[Oct 11, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Adjustability, good accessories, good performance, high build quality/very durable, very versatile.

Difficult to clean both the presription insert and the lens.

These are my favorite cycling accessory, ever. The nose piece and temples are highly adjustable. The lenses keep out the wind, rain, and road grit. The glasses do not fog up. The prescription inserts are unobtrusive and work very well.

Bolle

[Sep 04, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

The frame is amazingly durable compared to an oakley or Bolle' frame

Lenses are a bit tricky to change

These are by far the best and most protective Glasses I have owned for biking. Work extremely well...

Bolle' various Oakley

[Jul 21, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Hold up well - scratch resistant Good coverage - protect from wind. Rarely fog up unless I'm totally overheated. Comfortable and flex to fit face shape.

None, except they're so good I can't justify replacing them with a newer model.

When I bought these glasses I thought they were too expensive. But after three years and thousands of miles, I was wrong. I have dropped them several times with no scratches. The lenses are as clear as the day I purchased them. The frames have some wear, but are still in very good shape. I used to go through one or two pair of (relatively) cheap poycarbonite lenses a season.

Various $15 -$45 crap glasses that fogged, scratched and needed frequent replacement.

[Jul 21, 2005]
Marcus75

OVERALL
Strength:

replaceable lens light and comfortable fit vent control system anti scratch and durable lens very cool look

lens is fit too tight to open the vent difficult to take the lens off price is bit too steep! But these are just superficial stuff!

I also find it difficult to look for a sunglass to fit. I finally found a perfect eyewear! The adjustable nosepiece comfortably fit my nose bridge. The ear stem is also very adjustable! The innovative vent control lets more air (open vent on top of lens) for hot days! I dropped the glasses several times with no sign of scratches to the lens! Interchangable lens make this very functional for various light conditions! Very functional and comfortable sport specific eyewear!

Specialized Chicane Singletrack eyewear, bunch of cheap glasses!

[Dec 03, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Adjustable Nosepads and Ear stems Wide range of lenses Frames don't break Don't inhibit vision

Not that cheap Look strange off bike (but who cares)

I have a hard time finding sunglasses that fit me. They seem designed for different face shapes than mine, and fail to provide enough coverage (esp. at the top of the lens) or don't grip my head tightly enough. These sunglasses are adjustable so they hold on to my head, at the right angle. They are also cycling-specific so they don't block off my vision. RP also offers lots of lens options. Red is nice on cloudy days.

Cheapos Zeal Optics Blast

[Oct 10, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Great optics, good fit, great coverage. The case protects the glasses like a Brinks truck.

I like to buy new things but cannot find any reason in the world to replace these.

Just finishing up my second year on these glasses and they are great! Very good coverage (keeps the sun out), blocks the wind while not fogging up and fit snug enough that they don't fly off when I do.