Bar Mitts Bar Mitts Gloves

Best Price At
Available At

Bar Mitts Gloves are a cold weather accessory to keep hands warm. Easily attaches to the bar. 5.5mm neoprene w/ nylon laminate on both sides Can be used with regular cycling gloves of varying thickness...

[Dec 09, 2010]
Jim Kinney

OVERALL
Strength:

Breeze to install

A little tight on shifting

After looking at this product for a couple of years I orderd them. Why did I wait! We have had a week of low teens here and they work as advertised. Bar Mitts are worth the price. Very easy to install and will keep your hands warm.

Lobster Gloves, Snowmobile Gloves

[Apr 05, 2010]
Cookieman2

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to install.
They Work!

A little tight for smooth opperation of shift leavers and brakes. I have extra large hands.

My hands have been very sensitive to cold temps since 1967. Nothing has worked in keeping them warm on cold days. Then I found Bar mitts. End of story. Rode in rain and hail and strong winds 39*temps. NO Problem's Perfect!!!!

All different types of winter sking, Biking even rowing gloves that did not work.

[Dec 08, 2008]
cpcritter

OVERALL
Strength:

Superior warmth, comfort and access to shifting and brakes. This is an ideal cold weather product.

Does not allow for multiple hand positions, doesn't bother me though.

I made a commitment to ride as much as possible this winter season. I have since been on a quest to keep my fingers and toes warm. I have tried multiple pairs of gloves with my ski gloves doing the best job at warmth but not allowing for easy shifting and braking actions.

I came upon the Bar Mitts website after doing an internet search and dropped another $65 for the sake of R&D.

I had an opportunity to use them this past weekend. The temperature was in the mid 20's and I was debating whether to ride indoor on the rollers or freeze outside. I decided to gear-up and ride my fixed gear outside, I am glad I did.

The insallation on my fixed gear was very simple. They just slip up the bars from the bottom and have a very well thought out velcro closure for the top of the bars. Installation on my geared bike was the same except for dealing with shimano brake cables. The Bar Mitts have a zipped/velcro opening for the cable too.

Using the Bar Mitts made the winter ride enjoyable! I used mid weight gloves under the Bar Mitts and my hands were not only comfortable but warm. The only time I felt any cold was when I removed my hands to signal. Also, I had no issues with braking or control. I began wondering if I even needed the gloves under the Bar Mitts.

I recommend this product very highly for anyone that rides in freezing temperatures. This product offers superior wind protection and warmth while maintaining adequate room for controls. I ride with my hands on the top of the bars usually so I am comfortable with the configuration, some people may want more hand position options though.

Gloves, gloves, gloves.

[Nov 18, 2008]
sstrollo

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks good, blocks wind, keeps hand grip on hoods secure over bumps, easy access and egress from hoods.

Must remove hands from mitts if you want to ride drops.

I ride mostly at 0 dark:30 before work. No sun to help keep warm. Winter rides are hardest on fingers and toes. Barmitts do a great job blocking the wind to keep your hands warm.

• Available At