Pearl Izumi Gavia Gloves

Full-fingered winter glove with extra-long zippered cuffs.

[Nov 27, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

None really, maybe that they are goof for fall weather....

Not Wind/Water proof
Not good for cold weather
Finger go numb
Hard to get zipped.

Are pitched as a winter gloves but are nothing more than an overblown fall weather riding glove. Anything below 38degrees you will freeze your fingers off. They are far from wind/water proof. I only keep them around for fall rides other than that they are pretty worthless.

CSC Team winter gloves (horrible as well)
The Wombat
Gore Bike Wear

[Nov 24, 2008]
cpcritter

OVERALL
Strength:

Flexablilty and fit

This is not a winter glove, there is no wind protection and they will not keep your hands warm in freezing temps.

I bought this glove as a premium winter glove for 30*F and below road riding. The fit is great. The ability to function to controls is great. This is the most miserable glove I have ever owned at keeping my hands warm. Don't buy this glove for riding below 50*F. There is nothing windproff about this glove.

Ski gloves.

[Nov 19, 2008]
Rachel Fenton

OVERALL
Strength:

Tight fit with zipper

Unlined and not good for freezing weather

I wore the Pearl Izumi gloves on a cold ride this morning (27 F, but about 17 with windchill). My fingers absolutely froze, and I would not recommend this product for below-freezing rides. I'm very disappointed since I paid almost $50 for these gloves, and expected them to be good for winter riding.

[Feb 26, 2008]
Matt

OVERALL
Strength:

Water/Windproof material. For being so efficiant they are not to bulky.Grip on the finger tips.

At around Zero degrees my fingers still got cold. I also was wearing the Izumi liner gloves. COuld possibly be because of the zipper system being on the tip of the glove?

Overall not a bad glove at all. Does a fantastic job of keeping your hands dry and warm, although at near or below sub zero temps (F) you still may get chilly fingers!

[Feb 24, 2008]
dtaffe

OVERALL
Strength:

Warm and wind/waterproof. Thin feel with good tactile sense. Long cuffs.

Can't think of any yet.

Excellent glove for cold/wet weather. I've used these for a dozen "warm"-winter road rides in New Hampshire, temps 25-40 degrees with road spray, wind, although no frank rain yet, and they've kept my hands warm and dry. The long cuffs provide the best coverage I've seen yet. Below 25 I'd add a liner (there's room in mine.) Their warmth was a bit of a suprise, given how thin they are in comparison to other winter gloves I've tried.

Swix nordic gloves, PI pittards gloves