Pearl Izumi Pittard Glove Gloves

[Mar 30, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, SWEAT WICKING PROPERTIES, Durability, Overall comfort. Can be washed and look brand new again. Very nice looking as well.

Price is high, but worth it for the shear comfort. Still wish they were about $5 dollars less. Padding is the best first few rides. Always enough gel padding after those rides, but the gel does wear in some.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND these gloves to anyone. These are very durable and the comfort (especially the first few times you wear them) are SECOND TO NONE!! I have purchased several pairs over the last couple of years (usually cuz i just like to ride new). I have given many a used pair to newer riders & they always like them so much that later they purchase their own new pair.

Nike, and other pearl izumi brand gloves.

[Jun 18, 2007]

OVERALL
Strength:

Decent construction.
Look nice.

Sloppy fit.
Gel padding too thin, not nearly as generous on the heel as the old Pittard.

I bought the 07 Pittard Carbon to replace a pair of 05 Pittards that had eventually developed a big hole after a couple thousand miles. I had really like the 05 Pittards, but the new ones just aren't as good. The fit is sloppier and the gel padding might as well not even be there. They do seem to be a bit better construction overall, but that seems irrelevant when your pinkies fall asleep.

05 Pittard - Loved em

[Feb 09, 2007]
Marc Monjauze

Strength:

Poorly made. Poor customer support.

I bought a pair of these recently to replace a pair that had served me very well for a couple of years at least. Right away I could tell they weren't made as well but felt a sense of loyalty towards the brand and model because of how well the last pair had worked for me. My right index finger kept getting stuck in the the shifter when I was riding in the drops. I couldn't figure out why until I looked a lot closer and realized the right index finger glove had a lot more material and different stitching than the left. I wrote Pearl Izumi to tell them about it and they didn't even acknowledge my email. These things are mass-produced junk from China and aren't worth anywhere close to $45.00. The customer support from PI sucks.

Earlier version of Pittard, Louis Garneau, REI, other PI gloves

[Dec 14, 2006]
Bikerider

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, durability

Bought these gloves over 2 1/2 years ago and have roughly 4,500 miles of ridng (and one major crash) with them. Have machine washed them several times (with Woolite) and they still look and feel like new. Very comfortable and flexible, although takes a few miles after a wash to break in again.

Performance

[Aug 09, 2006]
Travis

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfy cozy fitting! They feel great and can be used for road riding or mountain biking. I do both and it works tremendously. It is absolutely durable and is the best I've ever used.

The palm is pretty stiff brand new and after washing, but a good ride softens them up a little.

I have used these gloves for about a year and have extensive use on them. I have thrown them in the wash, crashed on pavement, on trails, and even stepped on them and they have done well. It's about time for a new pair, but for them to last a year is more than I can say for any other glove I've ever had!

Other Pearl Izumi gloves, Bell, Trek, and other worthy gloves of speculation.

[Apr 08, 2006]
slowdave

OVERALL
Strength:

Just starting to wear in after a few rides so they should have been durable

Dog found them too easily

These gloves where a bit too padded at first but i was able to get used to them after a few rides

specalized, troy lee, pearl izumi

[Jun 05, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

They were comfortable.

Didnt hold up well at all which is unusual for this brand.

I thought they were comfortable but weren't holding up well at all after 7 months of riding. I average 250 miles a month. The sticheds were pulling and they were starting look very tattered. Luckily my dog thought they were a tasty chew toy after a recent ride. Makes it easier to convince the wife I need a new pair of gloves.

[Dec 18, 2003]
jppe

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort

Not durable enough. Leather tore after minimal use. I should have tried to return them but didn't get around to it.

I bought a pair of these the first of 2003. They were extremely comfortable but didn't last but 1/2 as long as other gloves I've purchased for less money. Also, they did not seem to breathe as good as other gloves-hands sweated more. I had the same experience as another reviewer, the leather shredded around the wrists. I had even taken great pains to hand wash them just to make sure they didn't get damaged.

PI Gel Lite-love last year's model. Generic Perfomance gloves.

[Oct 05, 2003]
Rivercats41

OVERALL
Strength:

Soft, supple, very comfortable

Wimpy material; expected them to last longer

Very soft, supple leather with just the right amount of padding. Probably the most comfortable glove I've ever had. Was very pleased with them for 6 months until both gloves completely shredded at the wrist and up the sides. I have cheaper gloves that have lasted longer. What's with that? I actually might buy them again because they are so comfortable, but will do so with greatly reduced expectations.

Specialized, Trek

[Sep 30, 2003]
Dirtdoktor

OVERALL
Strength:

Just right padding wtihout all that gel

The palms are stiff initially, but soften up

Easily the most comfortable glove I have tried. Waiting for these to wear out them I going to buy another pair.

Specialized Body Comp, Cannondale mtb gloves